Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler
In similarity to the original, Cooler Master keeps the same base design with a slight change up on top. This hole and pin are part of the new mounting hardware I will show in a bit. The 212 Plus also keep the offset layout of the pipes as they travel through the fins. The major difference is the fin design itself. This time around, all the fins are one piece, adding plenty of added surface area to aid in more efficient cooling.
The aluminum fins are pressed on over the four, 6mm diameter heat-pipes. These fins are open on the ends and have two grooves cut into the ends to allow for two sets of the wire fan mounts so you may utilize a push-pull cooling method if desired.
Laying the Hyper 212 Plus on its side you can see the fins are stamped with the Cooler Master logo in the center. Also in the stamping there is a hint of the two separated towers of the past. The fins are also cut taller on the sides and shorter in the middle to keep the correct spacing of the fan before the flow enters over the fins.
The base of the Hyper 212 Plus is a little rough by usual standards. The pipes are flat with each other, which is what really matters, but the spaces between are quite, well spacious. The typical glob in the center of the IHS isn't going to work so well here, I suggest you do a bit of spreading first.
The back of this 78.9 CFM fan has little rubber pads in the corners to isolate the fins from any vibrations. The fan itself utilizes seven oddly shaped fins that at the same RPM of the original can offer a bit more airflow.
Once the fan was put into place I could see that is overlaps the fins both top and bottom, and gets good coverage of most of the fin surface area.
The wire fan mounting is easily done, just set the ends in the fan holes and slide it into the groove with the little handles.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Test System and Testing Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- VTech hacked and 4.8 million accounts compromised, links to children
- 4K TV show tormenting is now a reality
- OnePlus blames third-parties for faulty USB Type-C cable and adapter
- 4Chan fights terrorism with humor, photoshopping rubber ducks on ISIS
- Russian hackers have scraped over $790 million in three years
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis