Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler
In similarity to the original, Cooler Master keeps the same base design with a slight change up on top. This hole and pin are part of the new mounting hardware I will show in a bit. The 212 Plus also keep the offset layout of the pipes as they travel through the fins. The major difference is the fin design itself. This time around, all the fins are one piece, adding plenty of added surface area to aid in more efficient cooling.
The aluminum fins are pressed on over the four, 6mm diameter heat-pipes. These fins are open on the ends and have two grooves cut into the ends to allow for two sets of the wire fan mounts so you may utilize a push-pull cooling method if desired.
Laying the Hyper 212 Plus on its side you can see the fins are stamped with the Cooler Master logo in the center. Also in the stamping there is a hint of the two separated towers of the past. The fins are also cut taller on the sides and shorter in the middle to keep the correct spacing of the fan before the flow enters over the fins.
The base of the Hyper 212 Plus is a little rough by usual standards. The pipes are flat with each other, which is what really matters, but the spaces between are quite, well spacious. The typical glob in the center of the IHS isn't going to work so well here, I suggest you do a bit of spreading first.
The back of this 78.9 CFM fan has little rubber pads in the corners to isolate the fins from any vibrations. The fan itself utilizes seven oddly shaped fins that at the same RPM of the original can offer a bit more airflow.
Once the fan was put into place I could see that is overlaps the fins both top and bottom, and gets good coverage of most of the fin surface area.
The wire fan mounting is easily done, just set the ends in the fan holes and slide it into the groove with the little handles.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Test System and Testing Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Team manager sets out to create eSports player union
- Elon Musk wasn't joking about this plan to 'nuke Mars'
- Valve employee proposes to his wife in VR using the HTC Vive headset
- Vinyl sales have outpaced streaming revenues, according to the RIAA
- NASA dumps over 8,400 photos from the Apollo moon mission onto Flickr
- Why will my video card not work?
- M.2 Drive not showing up.
- Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Stabilty Issue!!!
- Tesoro Lobera Spectrum RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Gigabyte Windows 10 driver updates, Utilities...
- MASSIVE AUDIO Introduces DOCTOR WHO Bluetooth And Wired Headphones
- BOXX Introduces the World's Smallest Overclocked Workstation - APEXX 1
- AOC's New Full HD USB Monitor Makes the Perfect Laptop or Desktop Companion
- Feel the Power and Speed Inside Your Laptop NOX DDR4 64GB 3000MHz SO-DIMM The True Champion
- Creative Team Behind Earthworm Jim and The Neverhood Launch New Clay Animated Video Game, Armikrog