Well, color me impressed; the little inexpensive TPE-S44 provided me with more than enough power and bandwidth to run both of my IP cameras (one at 100 feet) and did not affect the rest of my Gigabit network. I have had 10/100 devices (switches and NICs) cause massive slowdowns when plugged into Gigabit networks, but this was not the case.
The TPE-S44 was also able to handle the traffic created when one of the TV-IP422W cameras was recording an event. Given the price of getting an electrician out to run outside grade power sockets to remote areas of your home, these PoE products from TRENDnet are a steal. You can run IP cameras out to just about any area of your home for the cost of a Cat-5 cable and a splitter if you need it.
If you are thinking about setting up a nice home security system and are worried about the costs, the TPE-S44, the TPE-112GS and even the TPE-111GI should definitely be on your shopping list.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Konami developers didn't take holidays to get MGS V on PC earlier
- Survive 'The Walking Dead' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway
- Mortal Kombat X cancelled for the Xbox 360 and PS3
- Grand Theft Auto V 'ENBSeries' 4K screenshots will blow you away
- Just two of Intel's new Skylake CPUs are unlocked for overclocking
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- Build Advice End of 2015 ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
- X99 Extreme 6ac eSATA
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20