Power over Ethernet (PoE) was once an enterprise only standard. It was simply not something that the average home (or even small business) could afford. PoE is extremely useful for home security and monitoring; it can be used to extend camera coverage to places where no power has been run.
However, until recently PoE devices and switches were too costly for use in the average home. But as we have shown in a few of our recent reviews, managed switches, KVM over IP and PoE are now an affordable option. Today we take a look at three products from TRENDnet that help bring PoE to home security without breaking the bank; the TPE-S44 10/100 PoE Switch, the TPE-111GI PoE Injector and the TPE-112GS PoE Splitter.
Amazingly, you can get the TPE-S44 from Newegg for $68.99 U.S. Dollars with free shipping; an incredible price for a Power over Ethernet Switch. Can the TPE-S44 and the TPE-112GS PoE Splitters really bring cost effective PoE into your home? Read on to find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Possible Router Issues
- ADATA Premier Memory Cards
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit