Power over Ethernet (PoE) was once an enterprise only standard. It was simply not something that the average home (or even small business) could afford. PoE is extremely useful for home security and monitoring; it can be used to extend camera coverage to places where no power has been run.
However, until recently PoE devices and switches were too costly for use in the average home. But as we have shown in a few of our recent reviews, managed switches, KVM over IP and PoE are now an affordable option. Today we take a look at three products from TRENDnet that help bring PoE to home security without breaking the bank; the TPE-S44 10/100 PoE Switch, the TPE-111GI PoE Injector and the TPE-112GS PoE Splitter.
Amazingly, you can get the TPE-S44 from Newegg for $68.99 U.S. Dollars with free shipping; an incredible price for a Power over Ethernet Switch. Can the TPE-S44 and the TPE-112GS PoE Splitters really bring cost effective PoE into your home? Read on to find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch could feature Xbox Games Pass by end of 2019
- Did Blizzard just tease the 30th hero for Overwatch?
- Overclockers UK unveils $43,000 gaming PC: 8Pack Orion X2
- NZXT releases Overwatch-themed H500 PC gaming chassis
- NVIDIA reportedly launching GeForce GTX 1650 next month
- Intrusive Ads on Tweaktown
- AxE: Alliance vs Empire preview: MMO mobile chaos
- random shutdown
- Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock Review
- Compatibility issue P10S-M-DC with i5
- Rise of Industry Gets May 2nd Release Date!
- Pixel Noir will debut on Steam Early Access. SWDTech retro RPG will be released on the Steam system during the first week of April
- Pull Your Devil Trigger With Sinful New Devil May Cry 5 Range
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Reveals New Ranger Class Trailer for Upcoming Action MMORPG, Bless Unleashed
- Explore the Latest Map & Music from Team Sonic Racing