Specifications, Availability and Pricing
Corsair is currently selling four solid state drives, the M64, S128, P128 and the drive that we are reviewing today, the P256. The P256 comes with a standard two year warranty and is the same size as a standard 2.5 inch notebook drive.
Corsair has chosen to use multilevel cell (MLC) NAND Flash Memory to keep the cost of the drive low. At the time of writing Newegg lists the Corsair P256 for 659.00 USD. This is quite a bit lower than the 256GB RunCore MLC Pro IV that we reviewed back in May and is even less than the Intel X25-M when comparing the cost per gigabyte of storage. The Intel drives are only available in capacities of up to 160GB so the Corsair P256 is in another class all together with its nearly 100GB of extra storage. The 128GB P128 is also listed at Newegg for 345.00, the same price as the Kingston SSDNow 80GB M-Series drive.
Performance wise Corsair is stating that the P128 and P256 are capable of read speeds of 220MB/s and write speeds of 200MB/s. That makes the Corsair Performance drives some of the fastest on the market, numbers that we hope to see in our review here today.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei unveils the Watch 2 and Watch 2 Classic
- Enter the 'Doctor Strange' world in our Blu-ray giveaway
- Huawei unveils the P10 and P10 Plus
- R.I.P. Bill Paxton 1955-2017
- Iconic Nokia 3310 is now official and comes with Snake
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand
- Introducing LG XPower2 with high capacity battery designed for demanding users
- Enjoy incredible performance of AMD RYZEN with BIOSTAR X370GT5 motherboard
- COLORFUL introduces iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G Advanced video card
- Team Group introduces its fastest SSD for gamers with T-FORCE CARDEA M.2 SSD