Accessories and Documentation
Aside from the eight rubber fan mounts which XtremeGear includes for a push/pull set up, here is the full assortment. Standing alone at the top is the universal back plate for the HP-1216. This plate is plastic coated on the reverse side which isolates it from any motherboard grounding. If you look closely the holes in the plate each contain a key way; these key ways accept the long bolts on the left that have a key at the head to lock then into place. Under the mounting bolts are the thumb screws used at the top to tension the cooler into place. The four nuts below these are to screw all the way down the bolts and secure the back plate to the motherboard before you set the HP-1216 into place.
Inside the bag is the AMD mounting "wings" that secure to the top plate on the cooler prior to installation (see instructions below). Continuing to the right, there is the twist dial fan speed controller, with a supplied tube of thermal compound they have included. On the extreme right side there is a bit of included double sided foam tape which is to mount the fan controller and a set of washers for Intel mounting. The AMD washers are a bit different and the set is included inside the bag.
Since this cooler would most likely come installed on your rig when you purchase it from CyberPower, the instructions are of little use, but there is always the aspect of maintenance so it's good to know how everything works. These instructions start off with a full list of all the included hardware for reference. And just below there is even a list of "special hardware". The instructions are very clear and the cooler was a privilege to install, both for testing and everyday use.
Flipping the included instructions around shows the final steps for installation, but as you can see the instructions aren't exactly specific to this cooler. The HP-1216 did not come with an "Air Guide", but the rest of the instructions apply directly to the application of the HP-1216.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The XtremeGear Xtreme Cooler HP-1216 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New 4K Xbox Scorpio targeting 6TFLOPs, 1.5 times faster than PS4K
- E3 site lists Xbox One VR category with Oculus Rift devs attached
- New 4K Xbox to support Oculus Rift VR headset
- GeIL reveals new EVO FORZA DDR4 3866MHz RAM
- Tesoro teases new IR key switches for Computex
- Asrock 3-Way 2S2S SLI Bridge Card
- Amped Wireless Athena AC2600 RTA2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Router Review
- ASRock 990FX Extreme9 IPMI Module?
- Tweak Launcher dont work with x99-sli mobo
- SanDisk X400 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- GeIL announces new EVO FORZA DDR4 hardcore gaming memory
- Tesoro to showcase new infrared key switch at Computex 2016
- Colorful introduces first custom GTX1080: Colorful iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G
- CybertronPC offers new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 graphics on all desktops
- Inno3D announces new GeForce GTX 1080 video cards