Accessories and Documentation
Aside from the eight rubber fan mounts which XtremeGear includes for a push/pull set up, here is the full assortment. Standing alone at the top is the universal back plate for the HP-1216. This plate is plastic coated on the reverse side which isolates it from any motherboard grounding. If you look closely the holes in the plate each contain a key way; these key ways accept the long bolts on the left that have a key at the head to lock then into place. Under the mounting bolts are the thumb screws used at the top to tension the cooler into place. The four nuts below these are to screw all the way down the bolts and secure the back plate to the motherboard before you set the HP-1216 into place.
Inside the bag is the AMD mounting "wings" that secure to the top plate on the cooler prior to installation (see instructions below). Continuing to the right, there is the twist dial fan speed controller, with a supplied tube of thermal compound they have included. On the extreme right side there is a bit of included double sided foam tape which is to mount the fan controller and a set of washers for Intel mounting. The AMD washers are a bit different and the set is included inside the bag.
Since this cooler would most likely come installed on your rig when you purchase it from CyberPower, the instructions are of little use, but there is always the aspect of maintenance so it's good to know how everything works. These instructions start off with a full list of all the included hardware for reference. And just below there is even a list of "special hardware". The instructions are very clear and the cooler was a privilege to install, both for testing and everyday use.
Flipping the included instructions around shows the final steps for installation, but as you can see the instructions aren't exactly specific to this cooler. The HP-1216 did not come with an "Air Guide", but the rest of the instructions apply directly to the application of the HP-1216.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The XtremeGear Xtreme Cooler HP-1216 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- If you own an HTC Vive, you have to play Pool Nation VR
- Nintendo NX might use both cartridges and discs
- This emotional AMD commercial invites you to join the Radeon Rebellion
- Oculus walks back restrictive DRM, pledges to not use hardware checks
- No Man's Sky is 'even bigger than you can imagine,' says dev
- Mulching is every time a good idea of tomato patio water storage ; bu
- as typically
- Bray assumed the lyrics we've been looking to check on ever since Jul
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- Mazda have eschewed amalgam but also cigarette lighter in powertrains
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines