Netbooks are the biggest selling category in the computer industry right now for several reasons. The poor global economy is the big reason consumers are flocking to netbooks. I don't think that is the only reason that netbooks continue to post such massive growth, I think that consumers are finally realizing that they don't have to use the most powerful notebook available to do the majority of what they need.
With that realization many people shopping for computers are opting to go with the much smaller and more portable netbook machines rather than larger full notebook systems. Another big benefit of the netbook is that the little machines tend to sip power making them last longer away from an outlet.
The big question in most consumers minds when they are considering a netbook is will the machine do everything they need. Obviously, the answer to that question will depend on what you need. If you expect a netbook to be as fast as a full notebook, play 3D games or do intense video and photo editing, you will be disappointed. However, if you expect a netbook like the MSI Wind U100 I am looking at today to do all the basic computing tasks like email, web surfing, word processing, basic image editing and so on you may be a good candidate for a netbook. Read on to find out exactly how well the MSI Wind U100 performs and decide for yourself if a netbook is for you.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability, and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The MSI Wind U100]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark05 and Video Encoding]
- Page 6 [MSI Wind U100 Hands On]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Colorful announces iGame GTX 1080 Ti Vulcan X OC
- What Zelda: Breath of the Wild would look like on NES
- Blizzard paves the way for Diablo II Remastered
- NASA astronaut sets a new record for time spent in space
- Alien Isolation 2 might be in development
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club