Netbooks are the biggest selling category in the computer industry right now for several reasons. The poor global economy is the big reason consumers are flocking to netbooks. I don't think that is the only reason that netbooks continue to post such massive growth, I think that consumers are finally realizing that they don't have to use the most powerful notebook available to do the majority of what they need.
With that realization many people shopping for computers are opting to go with the much smaller and more portable netbook machines rather than larger full notebook systems. Another big benefit of the netbook is that the little machines tend to sip power making them last longer away from an outlet.
The big question in most consumers minds when they are considering a netbook is will the machine do everything they need. Obviously, the answer to that question will depend on what you need. If you expect a netbook to be as fast as a full notebook, play 3D games or do intense video and photo editing, you will be disappointed. However, if you expect a netbook like the MSI Wind U100 I am looking at today to do all the basic computing tasks like email, web surfing, word processing, basic image editing and so on you may be a good candidate for a netbook. Read on to find out exactly how well the MSI Wind U100 performs and decide for yourself if a netbook is for you.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability, and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The MSI Wind U100]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark05 and Video Encoding]
- Page 6 [MSI Wind U100 Hands On]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis