The Buffalo has a unique look and color scheme, which sets it apart from other coolers that are powered with less than 120mm fans on the market. Looks aren't everything though in my line of work. The cooler has to be able to at least do what it is designed to do. The Evercool Buffalo beats out the stock Intel cooler by a fair gap and based off the pricing of its brethren, It is a step up from stock cooling at an assumed reasonable price.
The complaint list is short on the Buffalo from Evercool. This time around I can only complain that I noticed during testing a lot more air makes it out the sides of the cooler versus through the fins out the back. This has to lessen the effectiveness of the cooler. My second complaint is more of a question on my mind. Is this a proper solution to an i7 processor? As I say, unless you plan to run it stock, I don't think this cooler has the ability to handle too much overclocking without making your temperature monitoring software give you a sick feeling deep in your stomach.
All things out in the open with my feelings and concerns for the Buffalo being used to cool your Core i7 processor; if you are on a super tight budget after the purchases, you may lean in this direction. To be brutally honest, though, if I had the money to go build an i7 based PC, I would want to overclock it as well. For my uses I would pass this cooler up as a contender in my searches, but it has potential to keep the average users PC within acceptable limits. In its defense, the Buffalo doesn't do much worse than the Transformer 4 and the Buffalo comes with less than half of the fan power and in a bit smaller package.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Evercool Buffalo HPFI-10025 CPU Cooler]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung making next-gen 4K mobile displays with 800PPI
- HIS roars, launches their Radeon RX 500 series cards
- Intel launching 12C/24T chips with X299 on May 30
- GTA V is teaching autonomous cars how to drive
- Twitch plans to rope YouTubers with new tip system
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- Asus MCE remote IR codes required
- Looking for instant flash bios files for P67 Pro3 B3
- Planet Earth II 4K Blu-ray Review
- Promise Technology Apollo Cloud 2TB Review
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club
- Nokia announces next-generation technologies for the advancement of virtual reality with 'OZO Reality' vision and partner ecosystem
- Razer expands the Razer Hammerhead v2 in-ear audio line with Bluetooth and iOS Lightning models
- MSI announces new thin and light GP62X and GP72X Leopard Pro Series gaming laptops
- EK is releasing Full-Cover water blocks for the ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Ti