The Buffalo has a unique look and color scheme, which sets it apart from other coolers that are powered with less than 120mm fans on the market. Looks aren't everything though in my line of work. The cooler has to be able to at least do what it is designed to do. The Evercool Buffalo beats out the stock Intel cooler by a fair gap and based off the pricing of its brethren, It is a step up from stock cooling at an assumed reasonable price.
The complaint list is short on the Buffalo from Evercool. This time around I can only complain that I noticed during testing a lot more air makes it out the sides of the cooler versus through the fins out the back. This has to lessen the effectiveness of the cooler. My second complaint is more of a question on my mind. Is this a proper solution to an i7 processor? As I say, unless you plan to run it stock, I don't think this cooler has the ability to handle too much overclocking without making your temperature monitoring software give you a sick feeling deep in your stomach.
All things out in the open with my feelings and concerns for the Buffalo being used to cool your Core i7 processor; if you are on a super tight budget after the purchases, you may lean in this direction. To be brutally honest, though, if I had the money to go build an i7 based PC, I would want to overclock it as well. For my uses I would pass this cooler up as a contender in my searches, but it has potential to keep the average users PC within acceptable limits. In its defense, the Buffalo doesn't do much worse than the Transformer 4 and the Buffalo comes with less than half of the fan power and in a bit smaller package.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Evercool Buffalo HPFI-10025 CPU Cooler]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Cyclist has a rather amusing encounter with a Google self-driving car
- Netflix 4K copy-protection cracked, first leak appears
- Corsair announces new Bulldog that will ship in time for Christmas
- FBI demanded Scandinavian countries extradite Snowden if he visited
- Matt Damon: Latest 'Bourne' movie inspired by Edward Snowden saga
- x99 Extreme 4/3.1 Red Light + No Display
- Build Advice End of 2015 ASUS X99-A/USB 3.1
- X99 Extreme 6ac eSATA
- Until Dawn Sony PlayStation 4 Review
- ASUS gaming PC
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20