Setup and Installation
Setup of the ASUS WL-500g Premium V2 was very simple; after you connect your new router to your network you simply open your favourite browser and it will automatically direct you to the quick setup utility. The first part of this is an auto detection of your connection type (Static, Dynamic, PPPOE, etc).
If the WL-500g Premium V2 cannot figure out your connection type or you want to manually configure it, you will find that ASUS has added in some great flexibility. You have options for a wide selection of connection types including PPTP and L2TP.
After you have configured your connection type it will prompt you to setup your wireless as well as advanced settings (such as changing your user name and password). You can only choose one or the other for some reason. I chose the wireless setup but was not able to use the quick setup to configure advanced options. I had to adjust those later.
As you can see, the quick setup covers pretty much everything you need to get your wireless setup secured; you can choose the SSID (name) type of authentication and the strength/type. After that you are finished with the quick setup utility.
As far as setup goes, this is one of the better ones I have seen. If ASUS had only included a requirement to change the admin password and warning about UPnP in this setup, I would say it was the best one out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Man gets shot, instead of calling the cops, he grabs an Uber home
- New Fallout 4 mod dramatically overhauls in-game landscapes
- Apple rumored to remove the 3.5mm headphone jack from the next iPhone
- Just Cause 3's map is huge, covering 400 square miles
- Newly built PC won't boot
- Spectre (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis