Noctua didn't disappoint me with the release of the NH-U12P SE1366 CPU cooler. They kept with older technology that has worked very well for them in the past and adapted it to perform on newer Core i7 processors. I have evolved in my own PC from outrageous fans at 100% on my X850XTPE stock cooler, to wanting as little noise as possible in my working environment. I don't personally have an i7 rig yet, but this cooler is sitting on my shelf awaiting a home when I do.
The Special Edition packaging is a nice add-on to just the ordinary cooler. Noctua again steps it up a notch from what users usually see in their package. I really liked the metal case badge and the sample of NH-H1, and of course the second fan. As I said before, the original NH-U12P for LGA775 and AMD is selling at this point for around $60 depending on where you get it. In my mind, with the i7 mounting hardware, the added fan, and the matching sets of fan adapters, the $76.99 asking price isn't out of line. Even if I hadn't received this cooler from Noctua, based on what the 92mm cooler did, my short-list of coolers would definitely include the Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 as an out of pocket expense.
I tried to sit here and pick the NH-U12P SE1366 CPU cooler apart, but there isn't anything I can find to even try to bring up. From the time I took it out of the box, on through the assembly and into testing, the NH-U12P SE has been a pleasure to test. The SecuFirm2 mounting is spot on and really easy to assemble and the images in the instructions will answer any question you may come up with. I did see a bit of a discrepancy of the testing from our previous results; again, though, these could be contributed to different TIM application, or maybe Chris got the fans that ran +10% and mine ran -10%, I don't really know. They are, however, where I like my processor to be at an overclocked state and are almost inaudible while doing so.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Noctua NH-U12P SE1366]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft 'couldn't focus' enough in order to make a portable Xbox
- Witcher 3 first person mod released, looking good
- Razer opens up the pre-order floodgates for its OSVR headset
- Samsung reportedly working on higher-end 'Odyssey' VR headset
- Pokemon GO developer asks gamers to stop requesting PokeStops and gyms
- G1.Sniper M3 Boot Loop
- GPU Ugrade killed my NIC
- Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- H110M-HDV bricked after internet flash
- Bad PSU, now bad motherboard?
- AccelStor debuting NeoSapphire 3706-ES1 at Flash Memory Summit 2016
- Elitegroup ceremoniously launches ECS H110S-2P mini-STX motherboard and the all-new LIVA Pro Mini PC
- MSI announces custom GeForce GTX 1060 graphics cards
- Seagate unveils the industry's broadest 10TB portfolio
- G.SKILL announces a major software update for the RIPJAWS KM780 RGB mechanical gaming keyboard