Noctua didn't disappoint me with the release of the NH-U12P SE1366 CPU cooler. They kept with older technology that has worked very well for them in the past and adapted it to perform on newer Core i7 processors. I have evolved in my own PC from outrageous fans at 100% on my X850XTPE stock cooler, to wanting as little noise as possible in my working environment. I don't personally have an i7 rig yet, but this cooler is sitting on my shelf awaiting a home when I do.
The Special Edition packaging is a nice add-on to just the ordinary cooler. Noctua again steps it up a notch from what users usually see in their package. I really liked the metal case badge and the sample of NH-H1, and of course the second fan. As I said before, the original NH-U12P for LGA775 and AMD is selling at this point for around $60 depending on where you get it. In my mind, with the i7 mounting hardware, the added fan, and the matching sets of fan adapters, the $76.99 asking price isn't out of line. Even if I hadn't received this cooler from Noctua, based on what the 92mm cooler did, my short-list of coolers would definitely include the Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 as an out of pocket expense.
I tried to sit here and pick the NH-U12P SE1366 CPU cooler apart, but there isn't anything I can find to even try to bring up. From the time I took it out of the box, on through the assembly and into testing, the NH-U12P SE has been a pleasure to test. The SecuFirm2 mounting is spot on and really easy to assemble and the images in the instructions will answer any question you may come up with. I did see a bit of a discrepancy of the testing from our previous results; again, though, these could be contributed to different TIM application, or maybe Chris got the fans that ran +10% and mine ran -10%, I don't really know. They are, however, where I like my processor to be at an overclocked state and are almost inaudible while doing so.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Noctua NH-U12P SE1366]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Fallout 4 PC requirements revealed
- Your Photos Are Never Going to Be the Same
- PlayStation VR has 'overwhelming' conversion rate, says Sony
- Capcom says fans should 'stay tuned' for news on Resident Evil 7
- iPhone 6S chipgate: TSMC's CPU has better battery and core performance
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- REALLY NEED Help Intel Management Engine
- HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS Four-Bay Hardware RAID Tower Review
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points