Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The BARAM comes from ThermoLab with an aluminum base, five 6mm heat-pipes and 54 aluminum fins. The overall dimensions of the BARAM are 67mm long by 132mm wide by 160mm tall; this is about 10mm shorter than average height and may be a solution in the more cramped accommodations. The cooler weighs in at 625 grams. Keep in mind this is the weight without the addition of one or two fans.
The BARAM benefits from a few design implementations from ThermoLab, keeping with the name meaning "airflow". These are simple changes, but their efficiency gain is what Thermalab is banking on. By uniquely pacing the heat-pipes, the use of alternating fin design and the air tunnel effect that gets created, it puts this cooler in good contention for good performance. The BARAM fits sockets LGA775, LGA1366, AMD AM2 and AM2+, although this kit was released before the addition of the 1366 mounting hardware.
This section of chart is to show the specifics for the fans I actually tested with. I used the Yate Loon D12SH-12 as my choice of fans for three reasons. The first reason is that the Yate Loons have an air flow of 88 CFM, 2200 RPM and are on par with the ratings of most fans included on the premium coolers. Secondly, I had a matched pair lying around to be able to use. Lastly and most importantly, they had the proper 3-pin connections to use in our testing rig. These fans are slightly on the loud side as I know firsthand from running them previously, but I feel they really fit the bill on all other aspects than noise levels.
Availability at this time is still non-existant. ThermoLab has yet to release this cooler to any retailers. I'm sorry to say but I don't even have a projected date of arrival either. Searching Newegg leaves me with the fact that they don't list ThermoLab coolers yet and Google turns up empty as well. Judging by the amount of reviews this cooler has already received I can only take an educated guess and say it should be soon, hopefully.
The projected pricing on the ThermoLab BARAM is at the $50 mark and that doesn't seem like too harsh of an asking price. Keep in mind that the cooler does come fan-less, so you need to incorporate the price of one or two fans into the overall total. This seems to be an ongoing trend of manufacturers allowing the end-user to pick the fans and get whatever performance level you desire with the choice of a suitable fan for your personal requirements.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The ThermoLab BARAM]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- These seven new Pokemon are quite...interesting
- Bill Gates initially hated the proposal for Xbox
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update released date confirmed
- NVIDIA Shield update adds support for Netflix HDR, Plex, Dolby Atmos
- eBay's new flash sale is perfect for extra Steam Summer Sale savings
- How will windows 10 affect my D, E and F drives?
- Updated BIOS on E3C226D2I now can't boot from USB
- GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Synology DS916 Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- AMD Radeon RX 480 Video Card Review - Starting a Rebellion From $199
- MSI starring new Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 graphics card
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card