There was a time, not too long ago, when a 1000 Watt power supply seemed like excess. However, with the recent advent of triple and quad graphics card systems, this once lofty capacity has become relatively common place. A quick visit to any of the myriad of PSU calculators available online and you may find your current system power demands now justify a 1000 Watt power supply.
No stranger to high capacity power supplies, Topower has been at the forefront of high performance power supplies in an OEM capacity for the likes of Tagan, ePower, Mushkin and BFG since 1986. Today, we take a look at a product Topower markets directly, the PowerBird series of high capacity power supplies. There are two available capacities, a 900 Watt and an 1100 Watt version.
Our sample is the 1100 Watt Special Edition version which includes a nice aluminum case. Let's take a look to see if the PowerBird can distinguish itself from the competition in this very crowded market. Can the Topower deliver? We will soon find out.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [The Package]
- Page 4 [In the Box]
- Page 5 [The Power Supply]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Amazon says you can have an Oculus Rift by tomorrow
- Get a killer domain name for your tech business
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 rumors begin, on the eve of the Radeon RX 480
- System Shock reboot gets 9 minutes of new gameplay footage
- Modders morph Skyrim into amazing standalone RPG Enderal
- GIGABYTE X99-Phoenix SLI (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Deleted driver software
- MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G - Silent Gaming Major OC Headroom
- New Gaming Build - Looking fro feedback
- Fractal Design CORE 500 Mini-ITX Small Form Factor Chassis Review
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines