Specifications, Availability and Pricing
The Achilles S1284C is a fifty-four, aluminum finned cooler that surrounds four staggered, nickel plated heat-pipes that are held together with the aluminum base plate. This H.D.T. cooler has exposed copper on the contact area for better heat transfer, while the plating keeps the pipes from oxidizing. The Achilles is supplied with a 61.375 maximum CFM fan that can run as high as 1500 RPM. Xigmatek rates this fan to only sound off to the 20 dBA level, which is really quiet.
Again, as with the previous coolers I had searched for from Xigmatek, the Achilles seems to be an elusive cooler to locate. While it is available for purchase from a few e-tailers, stock at major e-tailers is virtually nonexistent. I realize this cooler isn't exactly the newest cooler to hit the shelves, but I was surprised to see such limited stock across the board.
I tried searching Newegg for even a deactivated or out of stock listing, but it was all to no avail, as they don't show any listing for the Achilles at all. I was, however, able to locate the cooler in the $39.99 - $42.99 U.S dollar range searching through Google. The optional Crossbow mounting kit was a bit easier to locate and I did in fact find these available at Newegg for 9.99 U.S. Dollars , plus shipping of course. This kit is not only to more securely mount the Achilles to the LGA775, but with a bit of rearranging it will mount up to a LGA1366 motherboard as well.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Xigmatek Achilles S1284C]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Unikrn expands into Vegas, acquires eSports firm LEET
- Nintendo reveals foldable New 2DS XL for $149
- AMD's new Ryzen Balanced Power Plan drivers are here
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives