TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
The Cooler Master V10 200+W Hybrid T.E.C. cooler performs admirably against the competition. It's in direct competition with The Z600R and Hyper 212, as well as the majority of the Xigmatek line. Oh, wait a minute, that's right, This V10 has a T.E.C. on it!
As you can see, there isn't very much benefit to having this strapped to the monster sized cooler, just the benefit of your wallet lightening due to the use of more electricity for a couple of degrees. I tested the cooler both with the T.E.C. active and without it being plugged in. Without the T.E.C. the V10 alone loaded at 56° Celsius, so in essence with 70W worth of peltier, it's only good for around a 3° gain in performance. I find this slightly disappointing, as I had higher expectations of the V10's T.E.C. cooling efficiency.
As I stated earlier, I found it odd that Cooler Master only rated their fans at the minimum rating of 17dBA. Since I did run both idle and load tests without the T.E.C. being powered, I could get a reading on the fans in both situations without the added noise of the PSU that was needed to fire up The V10's pelt. An idle reading of 58dB isn't all that bad, but the loaded dB of 67 ties the V10 with another and is bested by only one other as the loudest cooling solution on the list.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- HBO Now comes to Roku
- Facebook expanding Like button feature with 'Reactions'
- Fallout 4 PC requirements revealed
- Your Photos Are Never Going to Be the Same
- PlayStation VR has 'overwhelming' conversion rate, says Sony
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- REALLY NEED Help Intel Management Engine
- HighPoint RocketStor 6414AS Four-Bay Hardware RAID Tower Review
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent