TweakTown uses a different method for testing CPU heatsinks which allows for an even playing field across all product tests. We feel that by using the same ambient temperature and strict lab-like testing procedures we are able to accurately compare one product to another. More information on our testing procedure can be found in the T.E.C.C. article here.
Keeping with tradition, I have been passed down the proverbial torch of cooler testing. Chris Ram was gracious enough to pass me along the testing setup to keep the CPU cooler fires burning.
The Vigor Monsoon III LT was a little disappointing. While performing better than the original design of the Hyper 212, it isn't by much. With just less than two degrees better performance at load, I feel more of the emphasis is on looks than performance with this cooler. I bet this cooler could have performed much better with twin 90CFM fans versus the 69.69CFM fans Vigor has opted to go with.
The blue LED fans supplied in this set up are quite good in keeping fan noise to a minimum. With two fans at full operation only reaching 61 dB, it isn't much louder than most of its competition.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Availability and Pricing]
- Page 3 [Packaging]
- Page 4 [The Vigor Monsoon III LT]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch dock doesn't boost GPU or CPU power
- Nintendo Switch's battery built for long gaming sessions
- Nintendo Switch not backward compatible with Wii U games
- Hugh Jackman plays Wolverine one last time in 'Logan'
- Ubisoft teases 'game changing' patch for The Division
- ASRock problem SB fan1
- GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 - F20b BIOS BUG?
- Unable To Update AMD GPU Driver
- EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis Review
- New PC - no display on a screen, 3 beeps
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system
- PowerColor starts selling the DEVIL Box external graphics solution
- ESL to power PlayStation 4 competitive gaming
- Samsung rolls out industry's first 8GB LPDDR4 DRAM package