When VIA first introduced the KT266 chipset, it was met with harsh criticism and negative media reviews. This is because it touted lackluster performance and had serious USB issues. VIA was quick to remedy these problems, and out came the KT266A chipset. Not only did this chipset fix these issues, but it also featured a whole new memory controller, the same as that seen in the P4X266 chipset. This new memory interface made a significant difference in the chipset's performance, and raised the bar for its competitors, SiS and ALi. Fortunately, motherboard manufacturers that already had KT266 boards on the market simply needed to "drop in" a new northbridge, as no other architectural changes were made.
Abit, one of the largest motherboard manufacturers in Taiwan have been known to produce high performing motherboards that cater for the enthusiast crowd. Their "soft menu" BIOS has allowed users to easily tweak all of their PC's settings in order to squeeze every last ounce of performance out of it. After thorough testing, Abit smartly decided to hold off on producing a motherboard based on the KT266 chipset. Finally, after much hype and anticipation, Abit has released their KT266A solution, the KR7A. Can Abit continue their trend of high performance, highly tweakable motherboards? Read on to find out!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD to paper launch Radeon R9 Fury X2, could be delayed into 2016
- Harrison Ford has seen 'Force Awakens' final cut
- Nintendo's 'Mario Kart' eSports show coming to DisneyXD channel
- MSI Z170A Krait motherboard includes Rainbow Six Siege, new design
- GeForce 359.06 driver prepares you for Just Cause 3, Rainbow Six Siege
- conroe 1333dvi/h beta bios
- Tenda AC15 AC1900 Dual-Band Wireless Router Review
- Q9550 P5Q Pro overclock
- Asrock 970 Pro3 R2 Freezes Randomnly
- Foscam FI9821P 720p HD Wireless IP Camera Review
- Lenovo Unveils the ThinkPad P40 Yoga Mobile Workstation
- Cohesive Networks Joins HPE's Cloud28+ Catalogue of Services for European Enterprises
- Nokia Technologies announces commercial availability of OZO virtual reality camera
- SingEx Exhibitions Expands Footprint in China with Partnership to Launch IoT China
- IGEL UDC2 now converts enterprise-class Dell Wyse thin clients