Monstrous Heatsink & New Retention Mechanism
Intel has chosen to use a rather large heatsink with a copper base that weights in at around 450 grams, the heaviest heatsink made by Intel yet. The base of the heatsink is made up of copper and the heat is dissipated through aluminum with a quiet fan. I would also personally have to say this is the most impressive heatsink I have seen produced from Intel. While all other previous heatsinks from Intel achieved their purpose, they were however nothing us overclockers would write home about. Here is a picture of the heatsink, which allowed us to take our Intel Pentium 4 1.5GHz test system up to 1.6GHz with not much effort at all.
Intel has chosen to use a new a retention mechanism that is totally different to that of Socket-370 and Socket-A. I believe the new method of heatsink installation is easier and much quicker than conventional methods. I have used a Global Win Pentium 4 heatsink to show how the new retention mechanism and just how simple and easy it is to install a heatsink. Below we see the Socket-423 and part of the clipping mechanism screwed into the motherboard and case... Note: The heatsink featured below is a Global Win Pentium 4 heatsink, NOT the Intel stock cooler.
Here is a picture of the heatsink seated in the socket...
Here is a picture of one of the two clips that are used to clamp the heatsink to the socket...
Here is a picture of the heatsink successfully installed on the Socket-423...
As you can see the process of installing a Pentium 4 heatsink is much easier compared to that of a Pentium 3 or AMD Athlon heatsink. Hardly any pressure is needed to install the heatsink, to remove the heatsink all that you need to do is push the clips out with a screw driver and they become loose and then you can just remove the clips and remove the heatsink, very easy indeed and something for which Intel should be congratulated on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The Mad Max game looks absolutely stunning in 8K
- OSVR updates its hardware, delivers 1080p 120Hz display and more
- WhatsApp is now home to 900 million users
- Toyota pledges $50 million into autonomous car research centers at MIT
- PowerColor's new dual-GPU has 16GB of VRAM, requires 1000W of power
- Reset BIOS on ASRock Beebox N3150 w/o mouse/keyb.
- Gigabyte GA-170-DH3
- TP-LINK Archer C3200 Tri-Band AC3200 Wireless Router Review
- Does my motherbord support this RAM ?
- Windows 10 Pro 64bit on GA990FXA-UD3 R5 advice for USB3 problem
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015