Monstrous Heatsink & New Retention Mechanism
Intel has chosen to use a rather large heatsink with a copper base that weights in at around 450 grams, the heaviest heatsink made by Intel yet. The base of the heatsink is made up of copper and the heat is dissipated through aluminum with a quiet fan. I would also personally have to say this is the most impressive heatsink I have seen produced from Intel. While all other previous heatsinks from Intel achieved their purpose, they were however nothing us overclockers would write home about. Here is a picture of the heatsink, which allowed us to take our Intel Pentium 4 1.5GHz test system up to 1.6GHz with not much effort at all.
Intel has chosen to use a new a retention mechanism that is totally different to that of Socket-370 and Socket-A. I believe the new method of heatsink installation is easier and much quicker than conventional methods. I have used a Global Win Pentium 4 heatsink to show how the new retention mechanism and just how simple and easy it is to install a heatsink. Below we see the Socket-423 and part of the clipping mechanism screwed into the motherboard and case... Note: The heatsink featured below is a Global Win Pentium 4 heatsink, NOT the Intel stock cooler.
Here is a picture of the heatsink seated in the socket...
Here is a picture of one of the two clips that are used to clamp the heatsink to the socket...
Here is a picture of the heatsink successfully installed on the Socket-423...
As you can see the process of installing a Pentium 4 heatsink is much easier compared to that of a Pentium 3 or AMD Athlon heatsink. Hardly any pressure is needed to install the heatsink, to remove the heatsink all that you need to do is push the clips out with a screw driver and they become loose and then you can just remove the clips and remove the heatsink, very easy indeed and something for which Intel should be congratulated on.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Just Cause 3 experiencing performance issues on the PS4
- 'Star Wars: Rebels' renewed for third season
- Formula E planning driverless championship for 2016
- Microsoft has reportedly fired 60 engineers working on HoloLens
- Recreational drone literally pokes UK toddler's eye out
- [ASROCK A75 PRO4] What should my next step be?
- Gigsbyte motherboard supprt problem
- be quiet! Dark Rock TF Top Flow CPU Cooler Review
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- Students pitch ideas to gaming guru
- Announcing The Live TwitchTV Launch Of Stellar Stars On Steam Greenlight and IndieGoGo This December 1st
- Black Friday - The action game! 45 seconds of fun, fast paced colourful satire. 'Beat The Crowd'
- F1 2015: 'RACING AS CHAMPIONS' AHEAD OF THE 2015 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX
- Nintendo Download Highlights New Digital Content for Nintendo Systems - Nov. 26, 2015