Palit 7300GT Sonic
Owning companies like Gainward and Xpertvision, Palit are a massive player in the VGA market and they sell cards from both ATI and nVidia. We haven't had much of a look at the Palit line up but the GeForce 7900GT 512MB cards we looked at a bit back left us with a smile on our face and there is no doubt this little bad boy should do something similar.
While its not the most attractive box around the traps, it does tell us pretty much everything we need to know - the main specs are front and center, the brand is in the top left corner, the chip maker on the right and a sticker that lets us know that a full version of TOCA Race Driver 3 is included.
The back of the box doesn't give us a whole lot of detail but a small technical specification in a multitude of languages. While the box isn't all that fancy it does what it needs to do and that is protect the card in transit and let us easily decipher what card it is.
Opening the package up it is quite light with the HDTV out cable being included along with a DVI to VGA connector. We also have the Quick install guide along with a copy of PowerDVD 6 and the driver CD. The biggest surprise is the inclusion of TOCA Race Driver 3 which is quite a recent game - honestly, for a card to include a game like this is fantastic and really separates the men from the boys.
Moving to the card itself there isn't a lot that really stands out. We have a little cooler and a memory sink covering the DDR3. A single DVI and VGA port are found along with the TV out adapter. Like all 7300GTs we have the SLI connector located across the top.
This particular model is the "Sonic" version which lets us know that it is part of the overclocked range from Palit. This is so much more though then just a little overclocked card as it sports DDR3 memory like the Biostar. We also have a very nice core and memory speed of 500MHz / 1200MHz which puts it on top of the pack.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [GeCube X1300PRO HDMI]
- Page 3 [HIS X1300 Turbo]
- Page 4 [ASUS X1300PRO Silent]
- Page 5 [PowerColor X1300PRO Bravo]
- Page 6 [XFX 7300GT]
- Page 7 [Albatron 7300GT]
- Page 8 [Biostar 7300GT]
- Page 9 [Palit 7300GT Sonic]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark05]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2 (Lost Coast)]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 15 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 16 [Benchmarks - Serious Sam 2]
- Page 17 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 18 [Final Thoughts on the cards]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts on the cards continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Skyrim hasn't yet been confirmed for the Nintendo Switch
- Blizzard announces a new voice chat app for desktops
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 375.57 drivers are ready for BF1
- Sony added 1GB of DRAM to the PS4 Pro, joins 8GB GDDR5
- Oceanhorn hit record sales, teases Switch development
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- h61m-dgs gigabyte not see DDR_A1
- BSI3H-6100 long time to post
- Patriot Memory LX 200GB microSD Memory Card Review
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now
- ENERMAX launches Revolution Duo power supply with DUOFlowTM design for active ventilation
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system