Performance of ATI RD600
Test System Setup
Processor: Intel "Conroe" Core 2 Extreme X6800 @ 2.93GHz
Memory: 2x 1GB Corsair PC8000 DDR-2 @ SPD 5-5-5-18 2T Dual Channel
Motherboard: ATI RD600 + SB600 "Marlin" reference
Hard Disk: Seagate 7200.7 SATA
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X1900XTX 512MB
Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP2
Drivers: ATI Catalyst 6.6, latest ATI reference chipset drivers and DX9c
We were even given access to an nVidia nForce 5 (Intel Edition) reference motherboard but unfortunately we didn't get time to run our suite of benchmarks.
Unfortunately we don't have anything to compare the RD600 against however above you can see the full test system specifications so you can gauge how it will compare against Intel's 975X chipset and so on.
Please don't flame us - we did the best with what we had and the time available. It's not too hard to find other reviews with similar specifications to what we used.
The Benchmark Numbers
3DMark05 Build 120
640 x 480: 13061
1024 x 768: 11402
1600 x 1200: 8532
CPU TEST: 10068
3DMark06 Build 102
640 x 480: 9260
1024 x 768: 7538
1600 x 1200: 5393
CPU TEST: 2520
Pi Fast - 10 million PI (standard, fastest mode)
Super PI - 1 million PI
Cipher Bench: 9.85
CPU ALU: 2110
Floating Point: 87158
Floating Point: 5233
CINEBENCH 9.5 - x CPU
CPU Benchmark: 24 seconds
KribiBench - City Demo
Quake 4 - Ultra High Quality (Necro666)
1024 x 768: 169.8
1600 x 1200: 146.4
Quake 4 - Low Quality (Necro666)
640 x 480: 216
1024 x 768: 201
What do all these benchmarks numbers mean? Well, from what we have seen so far, it makes the RD600 as fast as Intel 975X and in cases a little faster and according to our friends in the under ground bunker, stock performance between RD600 and C19c are about the same.
Please remember the benchmark numbers and overclocking results in this article from a reference motherboard
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Woman wins $10,000 in forced Windows 10 upgrade case
- Design your own AI with this online training
- AMD's next-gen AM4 socket pictured on the ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Impact
- Tesla inks $9 billion deal to build a new factory in China
- Battlefield 1: experimenting with weapons in closed alpha test
- H110M-ITX loses USB and PS1 when WIN 7 loads
- Why does my Monitor show static and lines occasionally when using 144hz?
- Considering a DK-04 when they come in stock, just have a few questions beforehand.
- Skylake Overclocking i7 6700k help please
- X170 EXTREME ECC Build
- ADATA launches the Premier SP550 M.2 2280 SATA 6Gb/s SSD
- Mangstor's NX-Series storage arrays accelerate HPC throughput with new burst buffer capabilities
- Swiftech unveils new Komodo Waterblocks for NVIDIA GeForce GTX1080 and GTX1070 flagship video cards
- ADATA releases the HD700 and HV620S external hard drives
- BIOSTAR teams up with Apacer and Thermaltake to showcase high-end gaming machines