Today we take a look at two of AMD's more recent 2000-series of Ryzen processors. Using the new 12nm LP process, we see boosts in clock frequency and a reduction in cache and DRAM latencies. Together these improvements should definitely kick things up a notch, and since all the SKUs can overclock, the 2700 and 2600 are great value options compared to their 2700X and 2600X big brothers.
Today we will look at two new CPUs, the 2700X and 2600X, but AMD is also releasing the 2700 and 2600 processors for roughly $30 less than the "X" counterparts. The first CPU, the Ryzen 7 2700 comes with 20MB of cache, 8 cores and 16 threads, and a 3.2GHz base with a 4.1Ghz boost. That's a boost 200MHz lower than the 27000X and a base 500MHz lower. The 2700 comes with the Wraith Spire cooler, but it has an RGB LED ring around the fan.
The Ryzen 5 2600 comes with 19MB of cache, 6 cores and 16 threads, and a 3.9GHz boost with a 3.4GHz base. That's a boost 300MHz lower than the 2600X and a base 200MHz lower. The CPU comes with a Wraith Stealth cooler.
The Ryzen 7 2700 costs $294, and the Ryzen 5 2600 costs $189.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The AMD Ryzen 7 2700 and Ryzen 5 2600 retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The CPUs and Coolers]
- Page 3 [Test Setup]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 5 [Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake & MoreI]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Gaming Performance: UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 7 [Gaming Performance: Resident Evil, Tomb Raider & More]
- Page 8 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Platinum Games addresses Bayonetta 3 development progress
- Nintendo Switch NES Emulator successfully hacked, new games?
- AMD's new Radeon 18.9.2 drivers improve Fortnite, more games
- Fortnite's mysterious purple cube lands on Loot Lake, melts
- Microsoft teases custom-designed celebrity Xbox One consoles
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Need help with my asus rp-AC68U
- The Slater releases on September 20th
- Partnership Between Mastiff and Yggdrazil Group Brings Home Sweet Home to PlayStation 4 and Xbox One This October
- Turn-Based PC-RTS 'ValeGuard' Has Launched On STEAM Offering Exciting City-Building & Strategic Real-Time Combat
- IBM Takes Major Step in Breaking Open the Black Box of AI
- Genpact Launches Cora CommandCenter to Transform Digital Workforce Performance and Automation Governance