Today we take a look at two of AMD's more recent 2000-series of Ryzen processors. Using the new 12nm LP process, we see boosts in clock frequency and a reduction in cache and DRAM latencies. Together these improvements should definitely kick things up a notch, and since all the SKUs can overclock, the 2700 and 2600 are great value options compared to their 2700X and 2600X big brothers.
Today we will look at two new CPUs, the 2700X and 2600X, but AMD is also releasing the 2700 and 2600 processors for roughly $30 less than the "X" counterparts. The first CPU, the Ryzen 7 2700 comes with 20MB of cache, 8 cores and 16 threads, and a 3.2GHz base with a 4.1Ghz boost. That's a boost 200MHz lower than the 27000X and a base 500MHz lower. The 2700 comes with the Wraith Spire cooler, but it has an RGB LED ring around the fan.
The Ryzen 5 2600 comes with 19MB of cache, 6 cores and 16 threads, and a 3.9GHz boost with a 3.4GHz base. That's a boost 300MHz lower than the 2600X and a base 200MHz lower. The CPU comes with a Wraith Stealth cooler.
The Ryzen 7 2700 costs $294, and the Ryzen 5 2600 costs $189.
Last updated: Nov 15, 2019 at 01:16 pm CST
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The CPUs and Coolers]
- Page 3 [Test Setup]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 5 [Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake & MoreI]
- Page 6 [Synthetic Gaming Performance: UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 7 [Gaming Performance: Resident Evil, Tomb Raider & More]
- Page 8 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 9 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]