Walking Around the Showcase
GIGABYTE's 2016 30th Anniversary Mod2Win competition winner was boloisbolo with Project Triptych. The sleek blue and white mod won the attention of the judges and was showcased along with the other finalists in the center of GIGABYTE's CES2017 ballroom.
Along with custom built case mods, we also saw a wide array of builds from system integrators. Here we have a sick AVADirect PC built for VR gaming powering an Oculus Rift demo. There were many other systems on display powering VR demos, but this orange and white one using an AORUS motherboard was one of my favorites.
GIGABYTE also has a Xtreme Gaming brand of accessories, cases, and GPUs. I also spotted a new GIGABYTE power supply, the XP1200M is under the Xtreme Gaming brand of products and offers 80 Plus Platinum certification, modular cables, a single 12v rail, and 1200W of power.
GIGABYTE also has new SLI HB bridges for the new NVIDIA Pascal GPUs. These bridges offer RGB lighting and can be synced with RGB LEDs found on AORUS motherboards.
What you see is an underwater unmanned rover, capable of diving down to 6000 feet and exploring. It's used to diffuse mines or help survey for oil drilling. VideoRay produces these rovers, and they cost tens of thousands of dollars. The rover pictured here is actually for a military of another country (not the USA).
The GIGABYTE connection is that the host control unit for the rover is powered by a BRIX mini-PC - VideoRay said it's perfect for this use scenario.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter XX coming to Nintendo Switch
- Destiny 2 uses hybrid servers, P2P and peer-to-client
- Dreamcast's Seaman game is getting a sequel
- Only 37% of active PS4 users bought PS Plus
- Capcom wants to resurrect old IPs
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017