CINEBENCH is a real-world, cross platform test suite that evaluates your computer's performance capabilities. The test scenario uses all of your system's processing power to render a photorealistic 3D scene. This scene makes use of various different algorithms to stress all available processor cores. You can also run this test with a single core mode to give a single core rating.
Cinebench demonstrates platform computational capability for the E5-2698 v3's. Here we see a large improvement using this processor. Cinebench uses all 64 threads available in the benchmark to great advantage. You can also see how well processors have scale up with added cores to the die.
Some have reported that using E5-2699 v3 with 18 cores have reached scores of 42+ in this benchmark, which shows even better scaling.
Just like in the Cinebench 11.5 results, we see a lower single threaded score, and a much higher multi-threaded score. The E5-2698 v3 scales up very well with all the extra cores.
wPrime is a leading multi-threaded benchmark for x86 processors that tests your processor performance. This is a great test to use to rate the system speed; it also works as a stress test to see how well the system cooling is performing.
In this test, we see the E5-2698 v3's really speed up wPrime execution times. AVX2 really helps with this benchmark's performance.
Intel Optimized LINPACK Benchmark is a generalization of the LINPACK 1000 benchmark. It solves a dense (real*8) system of linear equations (Ax=b), measures the amount of time it takes to factor and solve the system, converts that time into a performance rate, and tests the results for accuracy.
Linpack is a measure of a computer's floating-point rate of execution ability, measured in GFlops (Floating-point Operations per Second), 10 billion FLOPS = 10 GFLOPS.
Linpack is a very heavy compute application that can take advantage of the new AVX2 instruction. As it puts a very high load on the system, it is also a good stress test program.
The E5-2698 v3 processors and AVX2 really take off in this benchmark with almost double the performance of E5-2697 v2 processors. We have also seen results as high as 800 GFlops using E5-2699 v3 processors.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [E5-2600 v3 Platform Summary]
- Page 3 [E5-2600 v3 Architectural Overview]
- Page 4 [E5-2600 v3 Architectural Overview Continued]
- Page 5 [Intel Communications Platform]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [System and CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [Power Consumption and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nokia hints at Snapdragon 835 powered smartphone
- Resident Evil 7's Windows 10 PC port is a big mess
- Project Scorpio in playable state, games 'play great'
- 400 million PS4 games, 54.4 million PS4 consoles sold
- ASUS, GIGABYTE, MSI products rise in price across China
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017