Last month we jumped on an opportunity presented to us to use our SSD Notebook Power Test system to observe battery life with a new product from Patriot. Patriot released a new product called Memory for Ultrabook. The name is exactly what it is, but we would of preferred something cool like Battery Saver SODIMM or something a little less...err, well whatever the hell Memory for Ultrabook is.
Despite the funky product name, Patriot's 1.35v Memory for Ultrabook RAM delivered and in a big way. In our initial testing, we observed a 17 minute increase to battery life just by replacing our OEM Samsung 4GB SODIMM with a Patriot Memory for Ultrabook 8GB SODIMM. The Patriot model we used ran at the same 1600MHz speed as our original OEM Samsung 1.5v stick so we don't lose performance in any way.
When we finished the article only one question remained in my mind, what happens when you replace two memory sticks with one and what happens to battery performance when you run four sticks?
So, today we are back and with four Patriot Memory for Ultrabook sticks running at 1600MHz. We're going to test with one, two and finally four sticks to see how physical density affects battery performance. Let's take a look at Patriot's Memory for Ultrabook specs, see the product and go over the benchmark configuration before the test results.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Packaging and Patriot Memory for Ultrabook]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance