The other day we had a chance to look at the first non-reference NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 from Palit in the form of the JetStream GTX 680. Impressed with what the company was doing so quickly out the gate we had to try and get the opportunity to get a second and see what was going on with SLI performance.
This was going to give us the opportunity to try two things: the first was to see just how SLI is looking with the latest generation of NVIDIA cards. The second was to see just how the GTX 680 in SLI compares against its biggest competitor, the HD 7970 in CrossFire.
We've had a look at a lot of CrossFire setups over the past few months as we do really get a lot more AMD based cards verse NVIDIA ones. Over the last few years we've also seen CrossFire offer some amazing performance enhancements with gains of 100% being quite common these days.
How's NVIDIA going in the ol' SLI department, though? If there was ever a time to check out what's going on, it's now with the latest GTX 680 model which has left us mighty impressed so far.
Because we already looked at the Palit card in detail with our standalone review we don't need to cover it again (hit the link above to read it). We'll simply just look at our testbed on the next page while also covering some of the cards in our graphs today alongside a quick GPU-Z screenshot to make sure everything is working. Once we've done that we'll get into the performance side of things and see what this setup brings to the table.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch supports remote game downloads
- Nintendo Switch left JoyCons have connection issues
- BioShock devs might be making new Twilight Zone 'game'
- A closer look at Mass Effect: Andromeda's power combos
- Digital Nintendo Switch games locked to one console
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- توكيل صيانة ثلاجة كريازى 01093055835 رقم مبيعات كري&
- صور صيانة غسالات وستنجهاوس 01060037840 % رقم مبيعات و
- اخبار صيانة غسالة فريجيدير 01095999314 اتصل الان مب&
- هنا صيانة كلفينيتور العجمى 01010916814 هوت لاين الم&
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications