The other day we had a chance to look at the first non-reference NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 from Palit in the form of the JetStream GTX 680. Impressed with what the company was doing so quickly out the gate we had to try and get the opportunity to get a second and see what was going on with SLI performance.
This was going to give us the opportunity to try two things: the first was to see just how SLI is looking with the latest generation of NVIDIA cards. The second was to see just how the GTX 680 in SLI compares against its biggest competitor, the HD 7970 in CrossFire.
We've had a look at a lot of CrossFire setups over the past few months as we do really get a lot more AMD based cards verse NVIDIA ones. Over the last few years we've also seen CrossFire offer some amazing performance enhancements with gains of 100% being quite common these days.
How's NVIDIA going in the ol' SLI department, though? If there was ever a time to check out what's going on, it's now with the latest GTX 680 model which has left us mighty impressed so far.
Because we already looked at the Palit card in detail with our standalone review we don't need to cover it again (hit the link above to read it). We'll simply just look at our testbed on the next page while also covering some of the cards in our graphs today alongside a quick GPU-Z screenshot to make sure everything is working. Once we've done that we'll get into the performance side of things and see what this setup brings to the table.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - 3DMark 11]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Just Cause 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Metro 2033]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Dirt 3]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Test]
- Page 17 [Final Thoughts]
Further Reading: Read and find more Video Cards content at our Video Cards reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- The drama llama strikes again - massive llama chase in the US unfolds
- Study: Gamers buy PlayStation 4 for graphics, Xbox One for brand
- Kaspersky: 28% of mobile users don't have knowledge of malware attacks
- Official: Cyber doomsday less likely as continued low-level attacks
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to be released for Xbox One, PlayStation 4
- need new mother board
- how can i use new power supply for that mother boread asrock g41m-vs3 r2.0
- Question regarding adding new SSD to Z97 motherboard
- "All core" setting in firmware causes immediate system crash.
- RAID 0 vs RAPID mode with SSDs ?
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse
- Intel Revives the Atom Brand with New Branding Levels
- Thermaltake Announces Riing 12 and 14 LED Radiator Fan Series
- LUXA2 Thermaltake Mobile Launches the New TX-P2 Wireless Charging Power Bank