We're still a good couple of days away before we can lift the curtain on the new Z68 chipset and with another one arriving we thought we'd give you a quick look at what's going on with the new chipset from MSI.
Unlike ASRock, MSI doesn't have any of the boards listed on its website, so where this sits amongst the others, how many they'll offer and all that kind of stuff, we're not 100% sure yet.
Knowing MSI, though, the Z68A-GD80 we're looking at today will no doubt be one of the higher end boards as it carries with it some pretty cool features. So let's get started and check out the bundle that MSI has got going on.
There's four main bits to the box of the MSI Z68A-GD80 and there's just an absolute bucket load of information on offer. The front gives us a bit of information, but the highlights are the "Military Class II" and "OC Genie II" features. The back then goes on to explain some of those features in more detail and tells us about a few other smaller ones on offer.
Moving back to the front, you're able to flip the box open and then see even more features on offer, while the bottom part of the box gives you a look at the motherboard and highlights some of the main features on the actual board.
It's just a really informative box, but more importantly it gets you excited about what's on offer from the board and what it's capable of. Unfortunately we won't be looking at the performance side of things today, but instead that will come after the NDA is lifted.
Inside we've got a bunch of paperwork related to the motherboard along with a Driver CD and I/O back plate. Also in the top right you'll see some little cables and another manual; this relates to a feature that gives you the ability to measure the voltage of certain points on the board. We'll talk about this more a little later.
Rounding out the rest of the package, we've got eight SATA cables, two Molex to SATA, SLI bridge cable and a dual USB 3.0 header. All in all, we've got a very strong package going on that gives us a bunch of goodies that you'll no doubt be making good use of.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and The Package]
- Page 2 [MSI Z68A-GD80 - The Board]
- Page 3 [MSI Z68A-GD80 - The Board Continues]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Obsidian wants to make a Dark Souls-type game
- AMD Ryzen CPUs sold out at select retailers already
- Tesla to double the number of Superchargers this year
- Death Stranding is an open-world action game
- CyberPowerPC's new Ryzen PCs: from $983 up to $2399
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASUS MAXIMUS IX FORMULA A2 Error Code with Hardware Component Failure Beeps
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications