You might've heard us mention this new "AUSUM" mode a bit in our recent Sapphire HD 6990 4GB. If you missed out reading our Sapphire HD 6990 Technical Preview, I'd highly recommend you check it out to see exactly what it does, even if you just jump to page 3 which covers "AUSUM" mode and the Dual BIOS switch.
Due to the fact we've already covered the Sapphire HD 6990 in quite a lot of detail, we'll just be getting straight into the specifications of the card when we flick that Dual BIOS switch to AUSUM mode.
If you can't be bothered reading the Technical Preview and you don't know exactly what AUSUM mode does, we'll quickly just cover how you switch it on and the clocks it carries when on along with any other features it brings. So with that all said and done, let's check out the GPU-Z information and exactly what we're dealing with.
Enabling "AUSUM" mode is done by nothing more than a flick of the switch. Like the HD 6950 and HD 6970, we have that little switch behind the CrossFire connector(s) that switches between two different BIOS'.
The card ships with the switch in position 2 which carries the default 830MHz / 5000MHz QDR setup at 1.12v. Position 1 increases the core too 880MHz while also bumping the core voltage up to 1.175v.
To achieve this you simply just flick the switch over to position 1 when your machine is off. It's a little harder to do than the HD 6970 and HD 6950 as the shroud comes up and over the switch, making it near impossible to do with your finger. We just used a pen, though, and we were up and running at 880MHz / 5000MHz QDR in no time.
That's all there is to it. With a flick of a switch our core has been bumped up to 880MHz and what AMD is calling "AUSUM" mode is now enabled. What's AUSUM stand for? Antilles Unlocking Switch for Uber Mode.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package Pictures]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark 11]
- Page 3 [3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Mafia II]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Street Fighter IV]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Temperature Test]
- Page 15 [Sound Test]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 17 [Total Performance Rating (TPR)]
- Page 18 [Total Value Rating (TVR)]
- Page 19 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Quantum Break's new PC patch fixes lots, weighs a huge 27GB
- No Man's Sky VR would be a 'really good fit', says creator
- Guillermo del Toro teases Silent Hills successor
- Leaked 1666: Amsterdam gameplay footage is darkly enchanting
- Doom's ultra nightmare mode is so hard id Software can't beat it
- Sabertooth Z170 S - Accessory fan
- C2750D4I BMC Self Test Status Failure
- WD 1TB Black drive memory dump while Win 7 installed.
- Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Six Windows Applications Free Pack
- ASRock and Intel teams up to create one of the smallest mini PCs: DeskMini
- Sapphire launches Radeon Pro Duo for ultimate VR & 4K experience
- Seagate now shipping 10TB helium enterprise drive in volume
- ENERMAX announces the new DFR technology with D.F.PRESSURE
- World's first 24/7 esports TV channel launched