I'm going to be honest here when I say that I wasn't on the Fusion bandwagon from the start. I liked the idea behind it, but I wasn't sure if we would actually ever see it eventuate, or at least eventuate to a product that we would want to own.
Fusion is here, though, and it's time to decide if this is something that's going to line AMDs pockets with money, or will be a good idea that hasn't been executed well. Our first look at Fusion is going to come in the form of a retail board which will be hitting shelves soon.
The GIGABYTE E350N-USB3 is as you might've guessed a Fusion board based on the E Series of Fusion APU from AMD. They tell us that this is the "Value & Essential" series. We're going to get into all of that in just a few moments, though, as we take a look at the motherboard to see what's on offer.
What we'll first do is check out the package that GIGABYTE has got going on. Once that's done we'll have a closer look at the board itself, the features it offers and get a bit more technical with what Fusion is and what AMD wants it to do.
Then we'll get into the good stuff and find out what it can actually do, while at the same time having a bit of fun with it by throwing in a video card that's almost twice as long as the board itself. First, though, let's check out the package.
The box itself is very GIGABYTE and looking at it we're seeing a lot of the stuff we've seen before, and in a sense you're really not seeing too much new. The thing is, though, when you start to consider this Mini-ITX sized box which is carrying a 17cm x 17cm board, has logos like USB 3.0, SATA 3.0, and the big stand out, DirectX 11 support, you find yourself thinking that there's going to be a lot packed on to this little unit. Turning the box over then goes on to describe some of the features in more detail; we won't cover that here, though.
Since our board arrived a little pre-mature, we found ourselves with only two SATA cables and a driver CD that hadn't even been pressed yet. We did ask GIGABYTE what else would be included and the other extras are your standard ones like I/O Shield and the standard manual.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard - Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS & Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup and Comments]
- Page 6 [AIDA64 Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [AIDA64 Benchmarks - Continued]
- Page 8 [AIDA64 Benchmarks - Continued]
- Page 9 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Ubisoft: PC-like consoles was a 'good decision'
- 8 minutes of new Prey gameplay footage released
- Titanfall 2 blog detailed the items of the in-game store
- AMD performance issues in Darksiders Warmastered fixed
- Microsoft testing Gears of War 4 PC, console crossplay
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ADATA SV620 480GB Portable SSD Review
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset
- Tesoro opens new product line with the release of its Zone Balance gaming chair