Ultra Low Power State
While something that will only cater to CrossFire and CrossFireX users, the idea behind this is that the second card will go into what ATI are calling a "Very Low Power State". When we're just moving around the desktop and not in games, our cards are already in a Low Power mode; this really takes it to the next level with bringing down the power of the cards outside of the main one.
This will automatically be enabled in Windows 7 and Windows Vista and you won't know that it's happening unless you look at your power draw. If you're using a CrossFire or CrossFireX setup, the chances are you're not going to be all that fussed by the feature, but it's no doubt nice to see that ATI are working towards making the technology better in one way or another.
This is something quite self explanatory really. If you're using a monitor that offers DisplayPort and speakers, you'll be able to get audio through the speakers with the DisplayPort connector.
Again, it's not a major development, but just another way of making things a bit better. While DisplayPort on a whole hasn't really taken off, it's clear that it will become the replacement for DVI in the future. There's nothing wrong with ATI jumping on the bandwagon early and implementing the technology now rather than later.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [10.2 New Features]
- Page 3 [10.2 New Features - Continued]
- Page 4 [10.3 New Features - Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD's Zen-capable X370 boards preview on December 13
- AMD's next-gen Vega 10 leaks - are they the real deal?
- Don't press new 'Guardians of the Galaxy' trailer button
- The Last of Us 2 is Ellie's harrowing story of hate
- Zotac's $1999 VR Go backpack: GTX 1070, Intel i7 6700T
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- ASRock 990fx extreme4 & Fast- Ultra Fast Boot Issues
- Fnatic Gear Clutch G1 Optical Gaming Mouse Review
- X99 Professional Gaming i7 and RAM question
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand
- Plantronics launches RIG 800 series - first 24-hour wireless gaming headset