Ultra Low Power State
While something that will only cater to CrossFire and CrossFireX users, the idea behind this is that the second card will go into what ATI are calling a "Very Low Power State". When we're just moving around the desktop and not in games, our cards are already in a Low Power mode; this really takes it to the next level with bringing down the power of the cards outside of the main one.
This will automatically be enabled in Windows 7 and Windows Vista and you won't know that it's happening unless you look at your power draw. If you're using a CrossFire or CrossFireX setup, the chances are you're not going to be all that fussed by the feature, but it's no doubt nice to see that ATI are working towards making the technology better in one way or another.
This is something quite self explanatory really. If you're using a monitor that offers DisplayPort and speakers, you'll be able to get audio through the speakers with the DisplayPort connector.
Again, it's not a major development, but just another way of making things a bit better. While DisplayPort on a whole hasn't really taken off, it's clear that it will become the replacement for DVI in the future. There's nothing wrong with ATI jumping on the bandwagon early and implementing the technology now rather than later.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [10.2 New Features]
- Page 3 [10.2 New Features - Continued]
- Page 4 [10.3 New Features - Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- Next-gen PS4 coming in 2018, analyst predicts
- Acer's new laptop rocks unreleased NVIDIA graphics card
- AMD Radeon RX Vega loses to GTX 1080 at 1080p
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives