The Video Card
With no package all we're going to be looking at the card and as you can see below, there's nothing that we didn't see with the Sapphire version of the card, albeit the lack of a sticker on top of the cooler.
If you want a full run down on the card, we recommend that you head over and have a closer look at the Sapphire card. But for a quick rundown, you've got two GPUs on a single PCB. The card requires an 8-Pin and 6-Pin PCI-E connector instead of the dual 6-Pin setup seen on the HD 5870. There's only a single CrossFire connector due to the reason that a maximum of only two of these cards can be installed at the same time.
In the I/O department there's two Dual-Link DVI connectors and a Mini DisplayPort. In the event you don't have a Mini DisplayPort connector, it looks like all ATI partners will be including a DP to Mini DP convertor.
It comes as no surprise that the reference ATI model carries with it the default clock speeds. What this means is that the core comes in at 725MHz while the 2GB of GDDR5 carries with it a clock of 4000MHz QDR.
Looking across the bottom, you can clearly see that we have CrossFire enabled and four GPUs are up and running. Now we just have to cross our fingers that there's some significant performance increases in store.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Video Card]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10 & DX11)]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Conan Exiles alpha screenshots show a brutal and desolate world
- CBS not talking with Apple about streaming TV services anymore
- Unsurprisingly, the PlayStation 4 outsold the Xbox One in January
- Grand Theft Auto Online Valentine's day special, Adversary Mode
- Final Fantasy 14 patch 3.2 begins the Gears of Change
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Кадастровая оценка от Мо
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives