So, we've looked at the HD 5970 in single form and we've also seen the massive OC potential of the card. You have to wonder what else there is to do? - We'll, that's easy; install our second HD 5970 into the system and see how CrossFireX goes.
We're not going to pretend we aren't excited about testing CrossFireX, nor are we going to pretend we don't expect some big numbers out of the setup. For performance junkies, unless there are some real gains in this four GPU configuration, they're simply not going to be interested in the setup.
Since the second card arrived from big red themselves, there isn't a whole lot to look at. We'll have a quick peek at the card, just in case you haven't had a chance to see what's happening with it. We'll also snag a quick GPU-Z screen shot to make sure CrossFireX is working before we simply get into the benchmarks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Video Card]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 4 [Unigine Heaven Benchmark (DX10 & DX11)]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Resident Evil 5]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Batman Arkham Asylum]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Darkest of Days]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - BattleForge]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Temperature and Sound Tests]
- Page 14 [Power Consumption Tests]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]