Package and Contents
While we can't give much away on the performance of the board, we have been given the ability to show you the board itself and what you get with it. ASUS has gone for the traditional blue box design that they now put all their Intel based boards in. On the front it's very plain. What you can notice is that ASUS doesn't actually have the chipset logo or the processor logos on this board yet, which means there may be some name changes.
On the back of the box ASUS has put a few marketing bits and pieces together. However, a lot of the space is taken up by the colour photo of the board and a full spec listing of the features and supported functions. This is a big plus, as you'll know full well what you are getting without having to open the box.
For a Deluxe board ASUS has gone a bit lighter on the additional documentation. The user manual that is included for the board is well up to the usual ASUS standard; very large and thick with explanations of the hardware and software included on the single DVD which has Windows XP and Vista drivers for both 32-bit and 64-bit OS's.
The accessories are also pretty light with only what you need provided. There are a total of six SATA data cables as well as one IDE cable. ASUS also provides EZ-Connectors to help you connect the case panel switches as well as including an SLI bridge cable. Lastly, there is a USB/FireWire PCI cover bracket expansion port.
Last on the accessories list is the Turbo-V Evo controller. This allows you to adjust BLCK, voltages and ratios with just a click of a button.
Further Reading: Read and find more Motherboards content at our Motherboards reviews, guides and articles index page.
Do you get our RSS feed? Get It!
Latest News Posts
- Bumblebee is that you? Hardware Extreme's black and yellow project
- Samsung provides YouTube stream for its Galaxy S6 launch event
- Swedish professional CS:GO player Joel "emilio" Mako admits cheating
- Wax on, wax off, charge your products in your 'alone time' - Wankband
- EA talks Battlefield Hardline, says BF4 launch was 'less than stellar'
- Corsair HX1000i 1000W 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supply Review
- need new mother board
- how can i use new power supply for that mother boread asrock g41m-vs3 r2.0
- Question regarding adding new SSD to Z97 motherboard
- "All core" setting in firmware causes immediate system crash.
- Charter Communications Says Net Neutrality Will Slow Broadband Growth and Mean Higher Fees
- MSI Announces the AP16 Flex All-in-one Desktop
- Linux gadget with six displays - pixel art idea returns in a new shape
- Toshiba Areal Density Breakthrough Means 3TB 2.5-inch Notebook Hard Drives Possible
- Tesoro Launches Gungnir Black Optical Gaming Mouse