Recently we looked at how the new HD 4890 from ATI went in the overclocking department. Today we take a closer look at how NVIDIA go with the new GTX 275 which has just been recently released to compete against the new ATI offering.
While overclocking on NVIDIA cards is slightly more involved due to the fact that the drivers don't have any embedded overclocking software (unlike ATI with its Overdrive functionality), NVIDIA's cards do only require the installation of a small program called RivaTuner to get around this.
With RivaTuner installed and plenty of spare time, we went on our merry way to increasing the memory and core clock to a point which gave us a nice increase in performance, whilst still being completely stable at the same time.
How far up did we move from the stock 733MHz core and 2268MHz DDR memory clock? - Jump forward a single page and you will find out. From there we will get stuck straight into the benchmarks and see what kind of performance increase these new clocks give us.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple already putting pressure on Fitbit in wearables market
- Charge ALL the Things With a 4-Port USB Hub
- Trying to prevent drones from dropping contraband into prisons is hard
- No Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One bundle, EA confirms
- Razer offers Aussie LoL fans a ticket for worldwide travel
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- Win7 wont install on AM1A-M system
- Z77 Extreme6 boot screen displays after hard shutoff/reactivation, does not display after reset
- Razer Leviathan 5.1 Channel Gaming Sound Bar and Sub Review
- ASRock Z97 Extreme4 Fast BOOT Issue
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20