Recently we looked at how the new HD 4890 from ATI went in the overclocking department. Today we take a closer look at how NVIDIA go with the new GTX 275 which has just been recently released to compete against the new ATI offering.
While overclocking on NVIDIA cards is slightly more involved due to the fact that the drivers don't have any embedded overclocking software (unlike ATI with its Overdrive functionality), NVIDIA's cards do only require the installation of a small program called RivaTuner to get around this.
With RivaTuner installed and plenty of spare time, we went on our merry way to increasing the memory and core clock to a point which gave us a nice increase in performance, whilst still being completely stable at the same time.
How far up did we move from the stock 733MHz core and 2268MHz DDR memory clock? - Jump forward a single page and you will find out. From there we will get stuck straight into the benchmarks and see what kind of performance increase these new clocks give us.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Test System Setup and 3DMark Vantage]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - PT Boats: Knights of the Sea]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - CINEBENCH R10]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - World in Conflict]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Crysis Warhead]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Far Cry 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Clear Sky]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Left 4 Dead]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Carbon lattice material now set for use in high-end microphones
- Aussie telecom Optus offers free Xbox One with Microsoft Lumia order
- Australia implementing digital drivers licences before 2019
- Ubisoft's latest 'The Breach' trailer for Rainbow Six: Siege
- Quentin Tarantino explains his love for 70mm, says it trumps digital
- Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Problems With USB3
- Star Wars Battlefront PlayStation 4 Review
- "Cheap" 4K Rig
- wifi card for gigabyte x99m gaming 5 microatx
- Newly built PC won't boot
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis