Micron Technology, Inc., and Seagate Technology plc today announced a strategic agreement that establishes a framework for combining the innovation and expertise of both companies. The framework of the agreement will enable customers of the two companies to benefit from a focused approach to deliver industry-leading storage solutions, helping them innovate faster and more effectively
While initially focusing on next-generation SAS SSDs and strategic NAND supply, Micron and Seagate anticipate that this multi-year agreement will extend into future collaboration on enterprise storage solutions featuring Micron NAND flash memory. "As two of our key partners, we look forward to the benefits of this Micron and Seagate collaboration in future NAND flash-based storage technologies," said Mike Kerouac, President of Global Product Operations for EMC Corporation.
"The strategic agreement between Micron and Seagate promises to deliver new and innovative flash-based storage solutions," said Trevor Schick, Senior Vice President, EG Global Supply Chain, HP.
"This agreement enables Seagate to secure a strategic supply of NAND flash memory and enables collaboration on future products and technologies," said Phil Brace, Executive Vice President, Electronics Solutions, Seagate. "Our companies are leaders in the storage industry, and in working together we build on that success."
"The collaboration will assure both Seagate and Micron target the growing enterprise flash market with industry-leading offerings across both of our product portfolios," said Darren Thomas, Vice President of Storage, Micron. "The relationship provides Micron access to enterprise drive technology and platforms, expanding our portfolio and accelerating our push into the enterprise market segment."
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo reveal Diablo III: Eternal Collection Switch bundle
- Black Ops 4 physical sales down 50% compared WWII
- Mega Man 11 only had around 40 developers in the team
- Fortnite leak showcases a soon to be released gifting system
- A re-introduction into Old School RuneScape: New/Old players
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Review: The Perfect Card For 1440p
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Zombidle: Fun With Surgery Is An Update With A Lot of Guts
- Theia Wallet Announced the 1.0 Version Beta Test, Supports BTC
- Orion Health launches Amadeus CORE to help healthcare sector leverage data analytics and machine learning
- Epson Booth to Feature Partners with latest POS Solutions at Money20/20
- Raybaby announces launch on Amazon