Lenovo has been honored with the Corporate Governance Excellence Award (Hang Seng Index Constituent Companies Category) and Sustainability Excellence Award at the "Hong Kong Corporate Governance Excellence Awards 2014." Lenovo is one of the new awardees in the 2014 Awards, reaffirming the company's excellent standard of corporate governance and sustainability.
The Hong Kong Corporate Governance Excellence Awards are jointly organized by The Chamber of Hong Kong Listed Companies and the Centre for Corporate Governance and Financial Policy of Hong Kong Baptist University. These prestigious awards provide recognition for listed companies that exhibit a holistic approach to corporate governance and business ethics. The judging panel considers companies for realizing outstanding commitments to shareholder rights, compliance, integrity, fairness, responsibility, accountability, transparency, board independence and leadership and corporate social responsibility.
A special award on Sustainability Excellence was also granted to Lenovo, in recognition of the company's achievements in sustainability.
Wong Waiming, Executive Vice President and CFO of Lenovo said, "It is our great honor to receive these two awards for the first time, which affirm our exemplary achievement in corporate governance and sustainability. We believe it is critical to uphold high standards of corporate governance in order to enhance the company's transparency and accountability to our stakeholders. At the same time, providing a sustainable business model ensures that we are well-positioned to take advantage of the opportunities in the market and to maintain strong business growth."
In addition to the above achievements, Lenovo has recently been presented the platinum award in the Best Corporate Governance Disclosure Awards 2014 (H-share companies and other Mainland enterprises category), organized by the Hong Kong Institute of Certified Public Accountants. Lenovo was once again recognized as a leading company in the quality of its all-round corporate governance disclosure and practices. This is the second year in a row that Lenovo has received this recognition.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- LG's new G7 ThinQ brings the stupid notch from iPhone X
- H1Z1 is locked at 60FPS on the PS4 Pro
- Ohio university gives scholarships to best Fortnite players
- EKWB launch EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW 3 waterblock, now with RGB
- Battlefield 1's monthly updates end in June
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- B360M-ITX/ac does not see USB drive at all
- WD My Passport Wireless SSD 500GB Review
- Legacy Mode
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit