Transcend Introduces 64GB High-Speed SLC 2.5" SSD
Taipei, June 24, 2008 - Transcend Information Inc. (Transcend), one of the world's leading manufacturers of memory products, is proud to release its all-new 64GB high speed SLC 2.5-inch Solid State Disk (SSD). Unlike traditional hard disk drives, SSDs are made of reliable NAND flash memory that contains no moving parts, and therefore are not susceptible to mechanical failure resulting from vibration, shock or heat. Aside from the inherent durability benefits of solid-state technology, the extremely low power consumption and ultra-fast data transfer speeds offered by Transcend's SSD make it ideal for consumer electronics as well as industrial systems and military applications.
Transcend's 2.5" SSD can be used in most notebook computers and mainstream PCs just like a regular hard drive. When it comes to performance, Transcend's new SLC flash memory-equipped 64GB SSD offers data transfer rates that greatly surpass even the fastest 2.5" hard drives, delivering data read / write speeds of up to 119MB and 64MB per second, respectively. With these high-speed transfer rates and virtually non-existent (less than 0.1ms) latency, Transcend's SSD accelerates computer boot-up times, makes games and applications open faster and run more smoothly, and improves overall system responsiveness.
In addition, Transcend's Solid State Disk's integrated ECC (Error Correction Code) ensures highly reliable data transfer and increases system integrity. Its built-in wear leveling technology also guarantees ultra-long storage lifespan and data-retention durability for prolonged use. With no moving parts, SSDs run cool, generate no noise, and require very little power for operation. Transcend's 2.5" Solid State Disks are available in capacities ranging from 64GB to 8GB in both SATA and IDE versions, and are backed by a two-year warranty. Transcend is preparing to release even higher capacity and greater speed Solid State Disks in the near future.
*Please refer to the following link for detailed product specifications:
Latest News Posts
- Assassin's Creed Origins: DLC 'The Hidden Ones' trailer
- PUBG to ban over 100,000 cheaters in one single wave
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Rust will leave Steam Early Access on February 8
- Intel 760P 512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- Samsung 860 Pro 1TB SATA III SSD Review
- Z270-HD3 F8 bios and advanced frequency settings not available...
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top