Transcend Introduces 64GB High-Speed SLC 2.5" SSD
Taipei, June 24, 2008 - Transcend Information Inc. (Transcend), one of the world's leading manufacturers of memory products, is proud to release its all-new 64GB high speed SLC 2.5-inch Solid State Disk (SSD). Unlike traditional hard disk drives, SSDs are made of reliable NAND flash memory that contains no moving parts, and therefore are not susceptible to mechanical failure resulting from vibration, shock or heat. Aside from the inherent durability benefits of solid-state technology, the extremely low power consumption and ultra-fast data transfer speeds offered by Transcend's SSD make it ideal for consumer electronics as well as industrial systems and military applications.
Transcend's 2.5" SSD can be used in most notebook computers and mainstream PCs just like a regular hard drive. When it comes to performance, Transcend's new SLC flash memory-equipped 64GB SSD offers data transfer rates that greatly surpass even the fastest 2.5" hard drives, delivering data read / write speeds of up to 119MB and 64MB per second, respectively. With these high-speed transfer rates and virtually non-existent (less than 0.1ms) latency, Transcend's SSD accelerates computer boot-up times, makes games and applications open faster and run more smoothly, and improves overall system responsiveness.
In addition, Transcend's Solid State Disk's integrated ECC (Error Correction Code) ensures highly reliable data transfer and increases system integrity. Its built-in wear leveling technology also guarantees ultra-long storage lifespan and data-retention durability for prolonged use. With no moving parts, SSDs run cool, generate no noise, and require very little power for operation. Transcend's 2.5" Solid State Disks are available in capacities ranging from 64GB to 8GB in both SATA and IDE versions, and are backed by a two-year warranty. Transcend is preparing to release even higher capacity and greater speed Solid State Disks in the near future.
*Please refer to the following link for detailed product specifications:
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new MacBook Pro SEVERELY THROTTLES from Core i9 heat
- Western Digital Samples 1.33Tb QLC Die Flash
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- MSI X470 Gaming M7 AC (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit