Transcend Introduces 64GB High-Speed SLC 2.5" SSD
Taipei, June 24, 2008 - Transcend Information Inc. (Transcend), one of the world's leading manufacturers of memory products, is proud to release its all-new 64GB high speed SLC 2.5-inch Solid State Disk (SSD). Unlike traditional hard disk drives, SSDs are made of reliable NAND flash memory that contains no moving parts, and therefore are not susceptible to mechanical failure resulting from vibration, shock or heat. Aside from the inherent durability benefits of solid-state technology, the extremely low power consumption and ultra-fast data transfer speeds offered by Transcend's SSD make it ideal for consumer electronics as well as industrial systems and military applications.
Transcend's 2.5" SSD can be used in most notebook computers and mainstream PCs just like a regular hard drive. When it comes to performance, Transcend's new SLC flash memory-equipped 64GB SSD offers data transfer rates that greatly surpass even the fastest 2.5" hard drives, delivering data read / write speeds of up to 119MB and 64MB per second, respectively. With these high-speed transfer rates and virtually non-existent (less than 0.1ms) latency, Transcend's SSD accelerates computer boot-up times, makes games and applications open faster and run more smoothly, and improves overall system responsiveness.
In addition, Transcend's Solid State Disk's integrated ECC (Error Correction Code) ensures highly reliable data transfer and increases system integrity. Its built-in wear leveling technology also guarantees ultra-long storage lifespan and data-retention durability for prolonged use. With no moving parts, SSDs run cool, generate no noise, and require very little power for operation. Transcend's 2.5" Solid State Disks are available in capacities ranging from 64GB to 8GB in both SATA and IDE versions, and are backed by a two-year warranty. Transcend is preparing to release even higher capacity and greater speed Solid State Disks in the near future.
*Please refer to the following link for detailed product specifications:
Latest News Posts
- New Assassin's Creed free-to-play mobile game incoming
- Capcom to release three big games every fiscal year
- Black Ops 4 Blackout battle royale has split-screen
- Red Dead Redemption 2 required ruthless crunch at Rockstar
- AMD Radeon RX 590 turns up on the 3DMark database
- Computer will not turn on.
- Netgear Wireless WG111 Issue
- Corsair Carbide Series SPEC-OMEGA Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ryzen 1600x, temps, spikes and normal workload
- Which modern Z370 ATX motherboards are most reliable? Seeking advice
- Trimble Introduces Next Generation Wireless Data Recorder for Smart Wastewater and Stormwater Monitoring
- Cooler Master Debuts the World's First Analog Keypad
- Cooler Master Announces Hyper 212 Black Edition
- The new ALIENWARE m15 gaming laptop
- Where's Baby Launches on Steam!