18th June, 2019 - Richmond, UK: BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe is delighted to announce the return of the DRAGON BALL FighterZ - World Tour in 2019/2020, following the breakout success of the inaugural championship in 2018/19.
The DRAGON BALL FighterZ - World Tour 2019/2020 is a global tournament series that runs for 8-9 months from June 2019 to the beginning of 2020. Players from around the world will compete throughout the year to decide a Grand Champion at the DRAGON BALL FighterZ - World TourRed Bull Finals in France.
The top 16 players will be decided based on winner-takes-all Saga events, points accumulated across the tour at Saga and 'Tenkaichi' Events, or through the Last Chance Qualifier.
There will be three Saga events across the tour: at EVO, DRAGON BALL FighterZ - World Tour Red Bull Saga Spain and DRAGON BALL FighterZ - World Tour Red Bull Saga Japan - with the winner of each securing their spot in the finals. Twelve additional spots will be given to those players with the highest total points rankings at the end of the tour, including points gained at Saga events and Tenkaichi Events.
Tenkaichi Events will be offline events spanning the globe, allowing players to compete for points and climb the rankings. Further details of these events will be revealed soon. Players can register to take part in the first Tenkaichi Event, CEO, here.
The final spot will be given to one player at the Last Chance Qualifier, hosted in France the day before the Grand Final.
Further information about the DRAGON BALL FighterZ - World Tour. To stay up-to-date, or for more information about the tour and the rules or the points system, please visit https://www.dbfzworldtour.com
"BANDAI NAMCO have decided to partner with Red Bull to bring the World Final and two Saga events for the DRAGON BALL FighterZ - World Tour 2019/2020." said Herve Hoerdt, SVP of Marketing, Digital and Content at BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment Europe. "Red Bull has a history of helping build and lending its support to the fighting game community (FGC) across the globe and together we believe we can bring the best experience possible to our competitors."
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus is for new beefy gaming phones
- ASUS ROG Phone II sports next-gen Snapdragon 855 Plus chip
- Xbox Kinect sensors being used as cameras in Newark airport
- uPlay+ is transformative for Ubisoft's digital business
- Control's PC requirements: GTX 1060, Intel i5-7500, 8GB RAM
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Master (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- closing explorer.exe cause unstable mouse movement
- AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT benchmarked at 3440x1440
- AsRock H370M-ITX and RAID
- Thecus N12000 folder Permissions -
- Phoenix Labs Details Massive 'Fortune & Glory' Content Update For Dauntless, Trials and New Hunt Pass Season Arrive July 16
- Nightmare Reaper is out now in Steam Early Access
- Final Assault Paves the Way for VR Esports at WCG
- WiMi Hologram (WIMI) files for listing on Nasdaq Global Market
- The Intergalactic Bounty Hunt Begins as Futuristic Co-Op Action RPG Killsquad Launches on Steam Early Access