SANTA CLARA, Calif., (May 20, 2019) - Leading video game publisher and developer BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America Inc., in partnership with critically acclaimed studio Double Fine Productions, today revealed that RAD will launch for Steam, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One on August 20, 2019.
But that's not all! Today will kick off the RAD fan art contest, where the community can submit their rad graffiti designs that best represent the game. Entries will be evaluated by the development team, with the winning design being featured in the game itself, and the grand prize winner receiving additional limited swag items, including a skateboard, glow-in-the-dark action figure, lunch box and floppy disk. Two runner up winners will also be chosen to receive the limited swag items. Those interested in entering and finding official rules and regulations can visit: https://www.RADArtContest.com.
"We're almost at the home stretch and I couldn't be more excited for everyone to jump into what we've built with RAD," said Lee Petty, Project Lead at Double Fine Productions. "One of the best parts of developing RAD has been getting early feedback from the community with the Closed Beta. I want our fans and future players to know that they're being heard and we're going to bring an experience they'll want to keep going back to."
RAD is a 3D action rogue-like set in a post-post-apocalyptic world, where humanity has faced Armageddon not once, but twice. Players will take on the role of a teenage protagonist who must venture into the Fallow - an ever-changing, radioactive wasteland filled with unknown and unspeakable creatures. It's here that they'll find the solution to heal the world, and transform the cracked, barren landscape into a lush source of new life. The fate of the world depends on the player, a sweet bat, and whatever strange new abilities they gain as the world around them ravages their body - twisting and mutating them into something far less than human, but far more powerful.
For more information about RAD, please visit the official website at: https://www.bandainamcoent.com/games/rad.
Latest News Posts
- Bethesda's cancelled Terminator game had you play as a T-800
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt won't have day 1 download on Switch
- New Alien MMO shooter could be a ways off
- Nintendo Switch system update 8.1.0, minimal changes
- New Age of Empires IV information to be released this year
- Phison PS5016-E16 PCIe 4.0 SSD First Look Preview
- Update Intel RAID ROM - How to do it?
- Memblaze PBlaze5 C916 and D916 Enterprise SSD Review
- ASUS AX92U Wi-Fi 6 Mesh Review
- motherboard the turbo frequency varies permanently
- Fort Boyard - The game will be available soon
- The Retro Scifi Game on Steam, 'I am Not a Monster' has a Single Player Campaign in Development called 'First Contact' set to Launch 2H 2019
- Buoyant Bounces Onto Mobile Devices Today
- Now Available on PC/Mac: Chook & Sosig: Walk the Plank
- Japanese character introductions of Ryuko and Satsuki for KILL la KILL - IF released