Gothenburg, Sweden - March 19, 2019: Berg Insight has found that that the global installed base of active airport asset tracking systems was less than 0.2 million units in 2018. This includes all airport asset tracking systems deployed for various motorised ground support equipment (GSE), non-motorised equipment (NME) as well as other applicable airport assets including on-road vehicles used in airport environments. Berg Insight anticipates increasing uptake of airport asset tracking in the coming years driven by a number of trends related to technological advancements, collaboration and innovation among the solution providers and its prospective customers. Growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.1 percent, the active installed base is estimated to reach close to 0.4 million units worldwide in 2023.
"The airport asset tracking market is served by a number of different types of players, ranging from specialists focused exclusively on tracking and management solutions for specific airport assets, to companies that offer a more comprehensive set of solutions for the aviation sector, and more general telematics players that also serve other industries", said Rickard Andersson, Principal Analyst, Berg Insight. Berg Insight ranks Undagrid (GSEtrack), Quantum Aviation Solutions and Resonate MP4 (XOPS) as the leading vendors of airport asset tracking solutions in terms of installed base. "Both Undagrid and Quantum have reached more than 10,000 active units", continued Mr. Andersson.
Additional major players include ADVEEZ, Targa Telematics and Pinnacle (iMATS). The latter has notably partnered with Honeywell which in late 2018 signed a major agreement with Swissport to deploy ground handling services jointly developed with Pinnacle. Targa Telematics has furthermore established a partnership with TCR Group which is also collaborating with Sensolus for non-motorised GSE tracking. "Additional players active in the airport asset tracking market for example include Litum IoT, DigiMobi, EC2E, INFORM, Inseego, Tri-Logical Technologies, Smarter Asset Management, Katlyn International, Speedshield Technologies and Geotab, all having installed bases of at least 1,000 units each", concluded Mr. Andersson.
Download report brochure: The Airport Asset Tracking Market
About Berg Insight
Berg Insight is a dedicated M2M/IoT market research firm based in Sweden. We have been specialising in all major M2M/IoT verticals such as fleet management, car telematics, smart metering, smart homes, mHealth and industrial IoT since 2004. Our vision is to be the most valuable source of intelligence for our customers. Berg Insight offers numerous market reports, detailed market forecast databases and advisory services. We provide custom research tailored to your requirements including focussed research papers, business case analysis, go-to-market strategies and bespoke market forecasting. We have provided analytical services to 1,000 clients in 72 countries on six continents to date. Our customers range from many of the world's largest mobile operators, IT companies and telecom vendors, to venture capitalists, technology start-ups and specialist consultants.
For additional information, please contact:
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo Switch firmware update brings system to 8.0.1
- Fan hurls dead crab at Super Smash Bros. Pro Player in match
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider gets final DLC 'The Path home'
- GIGABYTE's new AERO 15 Classic notebook is 0.74 inches thick
- World War Z has managed to sell 250K copies on Epic Store
- Powerr ON By Keyboard not work. Gigabyte AORUS B360M
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- BATTLETECH: Urban Warfare Brings 'Mechs to the City on June 4th
- Goblin and Coins 2 (officially) announced
- Athenascope's AI-Powered Highlights Effortlessly Capture Top Gameplay Moments with the Launch of Official Windows App
- Power Up Lahn and Hunt for Rewarding Eggs This Week in Black Desert SEA
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)