Intel Launches New Motherboards to Fuel Growth of Nettops and Small Form Factor Computing
INTEL SOLUTIONS SUMMIT, Gold Coast, April 29, 2009 - At Intel's largest annual channel customer event today, the company launched two new motherboards designed to fuel the growth of nettops and small form factor computing. The Intel® Desktop Board D945GSEJT with the Intel® Atom Processor is designed for building into stylish and affordable nettops that push the traditional imagination of what an all-in-one or an enhanced thin client should be. Another new small form factor motherboard, the Intel® Desktop Board DG41MJ supporting low power (65W) Intel® Core2 Quad processors and Intel® Core2 Duo processors, offers users a space saving desktop solution that meets their everyday multimedia needs.
Intel® Desktop Board D945GSEJT comes fully integrated with the 45nm Intel® Atom Processor N270 and the Mobile Intel® 945GSE Express Chipset making this affordable, thin form factor, low-power nettop platform ideal for building into all-in-one PCs or enhanced thin client PCs. For all-in-one PCs, this versatile motherboard can be customised into entry-level or secondary home entertainment PCs, education PCs, or internet-centric PCs for businesses. For commercial usage models, this motherboard can be customised into industrial designs such as such as internet kiosks and home surveillance units.
"Proliferation of small form factor desktops can spur significant growth in the overall desktop PC category. Key to tapping this growth of small form factor desktops is smaller motherboards, which enable greater design flexibility and new opportunities for desktop innovation," said John Deatherage, director for Intel's Business Clients Group. "Intel® Desktop Board D945GSEJT and Intel® Desktop Board DG41MJ will allow us to offer our customers access to truly innovative solutions that lower system size and power consumption, while boosting aesthetics and performance."
Featuring the integrated 45nm Intel® Atom processor N270 the Intel® Desktop Board D945GSEJT delivers robust performance per-watt for cost-effective and low-power solutions. The Mobile Intel® 945GSE Express Chipset features power-efficient graphics with an integrated 32-bit 3D graphics engine based on Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator 950 architecture. The combined platform delivers impressive power-optimisation and rich I/O capabilities, such as PCI Express* Mini Card and conventional PCI slots, Serial ATA ports, Hi-Speed USB 2.0 and GbE LAN connectivity, Intel® High Definition Audio and legacy I/O expandability.
The Intel Desktop Board D945GSEJT promotes channel diversification into innovative solutions based on its mini-ITX (170mm x 170mm) form factor, total board height of only 20mm and passively cooled components for very thin and potentially fanless system designs. It features VGA and DVI dual graphics for LVDS options. The Intel Desktop Board D945GSEJT also supports low-cost external 12 V power, onboard power for SATA storage devices, internal USB and IDE flash disk-on modules, network boot via gPXE/iSCSI protocol and wireless connectivity via the PCI Express Mini Card slot (including mechanical support for up to three external antennas through the supplied I/O shield). The Intel Desktop Board D945GSEJT will be available towards the end of first half this year.
For a space-saving solution ideal for digital home entertainment and daily computing needs, Intel launched the Intel® Desktop Board DG41MJ Classic Series. Based on the Intel® G41 Express Chipset, the board may be small but it offers legacy to premium features such as parallel port, integrated VGA and DVI ports, Intel® High Definition Audio and integrated 10/100/1000 network connection to enrich users' multimedia creation experience. For fast and efficient computing performance, this mini-ITX form factor board supports Intel® Core2 Quad processors and Intel® Core2 Duo processors up to 65W Thermal Design Power (TDP) and 1333 System Bus. The Intel® Desktop Board DG41MJ is Microsoft Windows Vista* Premium WHQL certified. The Intel Desktop Board DG41MJ is available now for PC manufacturers and system builders to order from Intel authorised distributors.
Intel, the world leader in silicon innovation, develops technologies, products and initiatives to continually advance how people work and live. Additional information about Intel is available at https://www.intel.com/pressroom and blogs.intel.com.
Latest News Posts
- World of Warcraft expansion 'Battle for Azeroth' releases
- FromSoftware release Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice screenshots
- Capcom/Valve to fix Monster Hunter: World connection errors
- Marvel's Spider-Man gameplay launch trailer unveiled early
- Nintendo smashes Sony in total hardware sales: 700 million+
- Fnatic miniSTREAK Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy (20 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $2000
- RAID 0 on a really old Motherboard
- Z97-UD5H-BK: Modded BIOS for NVME support
- Buy (10 Pieces) Apple iPhone 8 Plus/8/7 Plus/7/6s Plus New $1,300
- Samsung's 16Gb GDDR6 Memory Powers Latest NVIDIA Quadro Professional Graphics Solution
- NVIDIA to Collaborate with DARPA to Develop Systems for Post-Moore's Law Era
- New Turing-Based Design Revolutionizes Workflow of Millions of Designers and Artists on the Desktop and in the Datacenter
- Hybrid Rendering Fundamentally Changes Computer Graphics by Fusing Real-Time Ray Tracing, AI, Simulation and Rasterization
- AMD Launches World's Most Powerful Desktop Processor: Bigger, Better 2nd Generation AMD Ryzen Threadripper Processors Break Boundaries of High-End Desktop Market