Geneva Motor Show, Switzerland, 7 March 2019 TomTom (TOM2), the leading independent location technology specialist, and Elektrobit (EB), an award-winning global supplier of embedded and connected software products for the automotive industry, today announced the release of an industry-first High Definition (HD) map horizon for automated driving. An HD map horizon helps vehicles to build a highly accurate virtual picture of the road ahead, enhancing driver safety and comfort.
By streaming the latest TomTom HD Maps via TomTom AutoStream through Elektrobit's "EB robinos Predictor" onboard software, the HD map horizon targets vehicles with a Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) Automation Level of 2 and higher. It is compliant with the automotive industry's Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Interface Specification (ADASIS) v3 protocol.
Willem Strijbosch, TomTom's Head of Autonomous Driving, said: "Just one year ago, we, together with Elektrobit, announced our intention to develop an easy-to-implement HD map horizon for vehicles with driver assistance, and higher levels of automation. We're now delivering on this, making the product available to car manufacturers and their technology partners."
"EB robinos Predictor provides highly accurate and up-to-date information about the road ahead," said Michael Reichel, Head of Product Management Automated Driving at Elektrobit. "Vehicles and drivers greatly benefit from information beyond the sensor horizon for a safer and more comfortable ride."
TomTom is the leading independent location technology specialist, shaping mobility with highly accurate maps, navigation software, real-time traffic information and services. To achieve our vision of a safer world, free of congestion and emissions, we create innovative technologies that keep the world moving. By combining our extensive experience with leading business and technology partners, we power connected vehicles, smart mobility and, ultimately, autonomous driving.
Headquartered in Amsterdam with offices in 30 countries, TomTom's technologies are trusted by hundreds of millions of people worldwide.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem's new stronghold comes tomorrow in latest update
- Prediction: new PS5 streaming service to blend games & film
- RAGE 2 is a live service game without multiplayer
- Leffen casts Super Smash Bros. Ultimate training aside
- Cyberpunk 2077 is 'pretty different' from E3 2018 gameplay
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- How to booking a escort via internet
- Intel wireless card not detcted in Beebox J3160
- Header Bidding Manager platform breaking updates. April'19 release
- The Fox Software is proud to announce the release of Active Soccer 2019 on Nintendo Switch
- Egg Hunt 2019: Scrambled in Time
- Bunnies and eggs in a War Game...seriously?
- Huawei Announces Its New 'Four-Engines' Brand Strategy, Leading Intelligent IP Networks