Micron Technology, Inc. (Nasdaq: MU) today launched the MicronÃƒÆ'Ã†'Ãƒâ€ 'ÃƒÆ'Ã¢€Â ',ÃƒÆ'Ã†'Ãƒâ€ ',ÃƒÆ'Ã†',ÃƒÆ',Ãƒ,Ã,Â® 5200 series of SATA solid state drives (SSDs), maintaining industry-leading performance, consistency, capacity, reliability, and overall infrastructure value. Built on Micron's new industry-leading 64-layer 3D NAND technology, the Micron 5200 series of SSDs offers a cost-optimized SATA platform for business-critical virtualized workloads that cripple on a hard drive, such as OLTP, BI/DSS, VDI, block/object and media streaming.
Micron 5200 SATA Enterprise SSDs Empower Fast, Consistent Quality of Service for Business-Critical Virtualized Workloads and Cloud Architectures
Leveraging the proven architecture, performance and capacity of the well-regarded 5100 SATA SSDs, the Micron 5200 series is engineered to deliver a fast, easy and cost-effective enterprise storage solution to replace existing hard drives and legacy SSDs. Micron 5200 SSDs immediately deliver better total cost of ownership and improve data center efficiency through server and storage platform consolidation, reducing IT costs and simplifying infrastructure and maintenance. Now it is easier than ever before for enterprises to add more flash into the data center and get more out of fewer server deployments.
Better SSDs Come from Better NAND
As the first SATA enterprise SSD available with 64-layer 3D NAND technology, the Micron 5200 SSDs deliver improved densities, throughput, consistency, and power efficiency - all at a better value and higher level of reliability. The quality of an SSD depends on the NAND it's built on, and the Micron 5200 series of SSDs is engineered to deliver improved reliability with the industry's lowest advertised annualized drive failure rate for SATA enterprise SSDs according to data sheet specifications, offering better value with Micron's known silicon-to-system quality advantage.
"Micron 5200 SSDs unleash market-leading performance, capacity and reliability, paired with a rich feature set and unprecedented flexibility, adding up to the ideal storage solution for business-critical workloads," said Eric Endebrock, vice president marketing, Storage Business Unit, Micron Technology, Inc.
"We simplified the server qualification process by leveraging the same foundational architecture that's currently available on Micron SATA SSDs. Customers can trust the same proven controller and firmware design while taking advantage of advanced flash media for better performance, quality of service, and value."
Join the SOLID Storage Revolution
Built on Micron's industry-leading 64-layer 3D NAND technology for enterprise SATA SSDs, the Micron 5200 series of SSDs accelerates applications that need faster, more consistent performance, while offering overall infrastructure value and quality of service (QoS) at an improved total cost of ownership. Optimized for latency-sensitive, read-intensive workloads, these new SATA SSDs minimize storage bottlenecks with faster, predictable performance, making the move from hard drives to SSDs easier than ever before. Key features include:
- Quality of Service - The Micron 5200 SSDs deliver extremely efficient QoS, offering up to 99.7 percent better QoS when compared to a mission-critical hard disk drive.
- Unmatched Capacity - Micron 5200 SSDs offer the industry's broadest SATA portfolio with capacities up to 7.68TB, twice the capacity of other SSDs on the market.
- Leading Performance - Engineered for fast random IO performance that fuels virtualized applications, Micron 5200 SSDs deliver up to 95k IOPS random reads and best-in-class* 33k random writes, delivering strong performance in both areas. The drive is also highly flexible, as data center managers can use the innovative FlexCapacity feature to adjust the drive's endurance, performance, and capacity to meet ever-changing workload demands.
- Leader in MTTF Offering - Micron 5200 SSD data sheet specifications offer a mean time to failure (MTTF) of 3 million device hours, compared to the industry average for SATA enterprise SSD specifications of 2 million hours MTTF.
- Easy to Manage - A fast, easy, affordable way to extend the life of existing server deployments, Micron 5200 SSDs are hot-swappable, easy to install, and only take minutes to configure, saving both time and money on setup and maintenance.
The Micron 5200 series of SSDs offers varying levels of performance and endurance to meet the diverse needs of low-latency, read-intensive workloads. Visit the Micron 5200 series SSD product flyer for additional information on the feature and function advantages. Micron 5200 SSDs are designed to replace 10K RPM hard drives and help IT managers deliver better performance and capacity - all while using less power. As an example, in an OLTP workload environment, a single Micron SSD allows you to get 3X more IOPS performance than an entire rack of 24 10K RPM hard drives2.
- 5200 ECO SATA SSD - Scale storage with fast, vast, built-to-last SSDs. Scale data center capabilities easily and efficiently. With capacities up to 7.68TB in a 2.5" form factor, the Micron 5200 ECO SSD meets and surpasses the capacity per unit of rack space and cost advantages that had been previously owned by HDDs. Specially designed for read-intensive workloads, the Micron 5200 ECO SSD provides cloud services and content sharing companies a reliable, easy-to-deploy SATA storage solution that works within existing infrastructure deployment models to deliver radically faster performance than an HDD's and a significantly better value.
- 5200 PRO SATA SSD - An all-purpose drive to power read-intensive workload demands. Micron 5200 PRO SSDs are an all-purpose drive to power read-intensive workloads that require higher random write performance and endurance. The Micron 5200 PRO is quick to respond and deliver on the unforecasted demand of today's application workloads, including burst-driven transaction waves or sudden high volume web traffic. For IT administrators needing to ensure fast data throughput to keep their business running smoothly at all times, the Micron 5200 PRO SSD is a known storage workhorse and is engineered to deliver consistently fast, leading performance.
Micron 5200 SSDs are available now for OEM qualification and for purchase through distributors, such as ASI, Avnet, CDW, Ingram, Microland, WPG-Americas, Synnex and others. For more information, visit https://www.micron.com/products/solid state-storage/product- lines/5200#.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- IBM's Watson AI might be coming to a game near you
- Sonic movie set for 2019
- Xbox saves work with Final Fantasy XV on PC
- Luigi's Balloon World/new outfits for Super Mario Odyssey
- Nintendo Switch adds another 18 new games in a week
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Ryzen (1000-Series) Overclocking Guide
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit