Sharkoon expands its range of docking stations and introduces the fastest QuickPort to the product family, which thanks to USB 3.1, offers a data transfer rate of up to 10 gigabits per second. The Sharkoon QuickPort USB 3.1 Type C is a compact docking station for convenient connection of a SATA hard drive to a PC or laptop. With USB 3.1 support, the QuickPort offers a transfer rate of up to 10 gigabits per second and is backwards compatible to USB 3.0 and USB 2.0. The docking station is suitable for a 2.5" HDD/SSD or a 3.5" hard drive, which slides easily into the drive bay of the QuickPort.
Installation is also simple; your operating system recognizes the QuickPort without having to install a driver. If there is no hard drive inserted, a spring-loaded flap protects the inside against dust and dirt. The internal SATA interface of the docking station supports SATA Revision 3.0 and is backwards compatible to previous SATA Revisions. A status LED on the front indicates operation and data transfer. The on/off switch is located on the back, along with the power inlet and USB the USB 3.1 Type C port for connecting to a computer. A USB 3.1 cable (Type A plug to Type C plug) and a power adapter is included, as well.
Fittingly, Sharkoon also introduces a new expansion card: The Sharkoon USB 3.1 Host Controller Card Type A+C conveniently expands a PC with two USB 3.1 ports. Here, both a Type A port and Type C port are available. Each port provides a transfer rate of up to 10 gigabits per second. The PCIe expansion card supports PCIe 2.0 x2 as well as PCIe 3.0 x1 and is backwards compatible to USB 3.0 and USB 2.0. An internal SATA power inlet provides the necessary power supply. Windows 7, 8 and 10 operating systems are supported.
The Sharkoon QuickPort USB 3.1 Type C is available now for the suggested retail price of 39.99 euros from authorized retailers. The Sharkoon USB 3.1 Host Controller Card Type A+C is also now available for the suggested retail price of 29.99 euros.
For more information, visit the product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- AMD's new Radeon RX 590 teased with ASUS ROG STRIX card
- Capcom reveal Resident Evil 2 Claire 'Military' DLC costume
- Soulcalibur VI - Swords and Souls documentary video part 1/2
- Mario/Zelda/Pokemon themed Smash Bros. Ultimate controllers
- Kingdom Hearts III Screenshots: Twilight Town/Olympus Worlds
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam