Sharkoon expands its range of docking stations and introduces the fastest QuickPort to the product family, which thanks to USB 3.1, offers a data transfer rate of up to 10 gigabits per second. The Sharkoon QuickPort USB 3.1 Type C is a compact docking station for convenient connection of a SATA hard drive to a PC or laptop. With USB 3.1 support, the QuickPort offers a transfer rate of up to 10 gigabits per second and is backwards compatible to USB 3.0 and USB 2.0. The docking station is suitable for a 2.5" HDD/SSD or a 3.5" hard drive, which slides easily into the drive bay of the QuickPort.
Installation is also simple; your operating system recognizes the QuickPort without having to install a driver. If there is no hard drive inserted, a spring-loaded flap protects the inside against dust and dirt. The internal SATA interface of the docking station supports SATA Revision 3.0 and is backwards compatible to previous SATA Revisions. A status LED on the front indicates operation and data transfer. The on/off switch is located on the back, along with the power inlet and USB the USB 3.1 Type C port for connecting to a computer. A USB 3.1 cable (Type A plug to Type C plug) and a power adapter is included, as well.
Fittingly, Sharkoon also introduces a new expansion card: The Sharkoon USB 3.1 Host Controller Card Type A+C conveniently expands a PC with two USB 3.1 ports. Here, both a Type A port and Type C port are available. Each port provides a transfer rate of up to 10 gigabits per second. The PCIe expansion card supports PCIe 2.0 x2 as well as PCIe 3.0 x1 and is backwards compatible to USB 3.0 and USB 2.0. An internal SATA power inlet provides the necessary power supply. Windows 7, 8 and 10 operating systems are supported.
The Sharkoon QuickPort USB 3.1 Type C is available now for the suggested retail price of 39.99 euros from authorized retailers. The Sharkoon USB 3.1 Host Controller Card Type A+C is also now available for the suggested retail price of 29.99 euros.
For more information, visit the product page.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- GIVEAWAY: ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Pro Gaming i9 XE boards
- Battle royale revenue to grow 600% in 2018
- Fortnite makes over $1 billion in less than a year
- Treyarch tease COD: Black Ops 4 zombies Comic-Con reveal
- Call of Cthulhu releases this Halloween
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit