We heard about nVidia's GeForce 7900GS a while ago and it was clear that nVidia needed to bring out some new products with ATI releasing a whole new line up. While ATI released low, mid and high-end cards, nVidia are releasing two in the higher end of the scale but not a replacement to the very fast GeForce 7950GX2.
The 7900GS which we have with us today sits at the top of the mid-range or the bottom of the high-end range, which ever way you want to look at it. Designed to compete with the X1900GT in price and performance, it should be an interesting battle. While the 7900GT from nVidia is normally consistently ahead of the Radeon X1900GT, it is also more expensive so both cards offer excellent value but if you're on a strict budget, you will most likely going to choose the cheaper X1900GT. The new 7900GS is placing nVidia in that low $220 USD ($300 AUD) bracket again.
The particular model of GeForce 7900GS we have today is the RoHS compliant XFX Extreme which as you would expect does not come with standard clock speeds, which is always exciting. We test at default speeds and then overclock as far as possible to see what nVidia's new GPU is capable of achieving.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Simplify World Travel With the Twist Plus+ World Charging Station
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's pre-order scheme could change everything
- Ocarina of Time gets an enchanting Unreal Engine 4 makeover
- ASUS unveils the new Poseidon Platinum GTX 980 Ti video card
- Sony unveils the Xperia Z5 Premium, the world's first 4K smartphone
- asrock x99 extreme 4 extra pins
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD5 (Intel Z170) Motherboard Review
- ACPI wakeup/shutdown no longer works after UEFI flash.
- Purchasing case fans in Taiwan
- Strontium Nitro 566X 64GB MicroSDXC and USB Type-C Reader Review
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015