We heard about nVidia's GeForce 7900GS a while ago and it was clear that nVidia needed to bring out some new products with ATI releasing a whole new line up. While ATI released low, mid and high-end cards, nVidia are releasing two in the higher end of the scale but not a replacement to the very fast GeForce 7950GX2.
The 7900GS which we have with us today sits at the top of the mid-range or the bottom of the high-end range, which ever way you want to look at it. Designed to compete with the X1900GT in price and performance, it should be an interesting battle. While the 7900GT from nVidia is normally consistently ahead of the Radeon X1900GT, it is also more expensive so both cards offer excellent value but if you're on a strict budget, you will most likely going to choose the cheaper X1900GT. The new 7900GS is placing nVidia in that low $220 USD ($300 AUD) bracket again.
The particular model of GeForce 7900GS we have today is the RoHS compliant XFX Extreme which as you would expect does not come with standard clock speeds, which is always exciting. We test at default speeds and then overclock as far as possible to see what nVidia's new GPU is capable of achieving.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- HP unveils its new 34-inch curved all-in-one 'Envy' PC
- Netflix increases its $8.99 per month plan to $9.99 per month
- 'Furious 8' finally lands a director
- NVIDIA rumored to discontinue the 2GB version of the GeForce GTX 960
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent