While Highpoint don't have a flood of products like motherboard manufacturers do, Highpoint does put a lot of work and research into what is needed and what can be produced. Lately they've been flooding us with review samples which are designed to satisfy the needs of the server and home user markets, and so far we have not been disappointed in any of the Highpoint offerings.
The RocketRAID 2130 is a great offering for server users who need a smaller storage solution add-on rather than what the more expensive RocketRAID 2320 offers - and why pay extra for what you don't need?
RocketRAID 2130 offers a great balance of server support features with a much more reasonable price tag, and for home users wanting extreme storage options and fast speeds - the RocketRAID 2130 cannot be beat.
Overall we had no complaints about the controllers features, compatibility or software, all worked flawlessly. Although, it would have topped things off very nicely if Highpoint also decided to add external SATA (e.SATA) support.
Works on a range of PCI Express ports - lots of flexibility
Performance on par with the fastest onboard IDE controllers from Intel and nVidia
4 port SATA-II with SATA 2.5 specs
RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 and JBOD plus NCQ support
Small and compact card - good for HTPC users
Easy to read and understand users manual
Good software for RAID setup
No e.SATA support
Nothing much else
- Latest Pricing
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Inside the Box]
- Page 3 [The Controller Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and PCMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tach]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - File Copy Test]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Speed]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Game Level Loading]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's new Core i7-8700K CPU detailed, 6C/12T @ 4.3GHz?
- GTA parent company's indie segment is making AAA games
- The Rock and Apple announce a movie co-starring...Siri?!
- A view from space: How Tesla Gigafactory grew in a year
- 2K Games lays out five-year plan, wants one AAA a year
- How to make one network using 2 routers
- Lian-Li DK02 Watercooling and dimensions
- ASUS X200 CA 1.0 should camera appear in system in control panel?
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4