While Highpoint don't have a flood of products like motherboard manufacturers do, Highpoint does put a lot of work and research into what is needed and what can be produced. Lately they've been flooding us with review samples which are designed to satisfy the needs of the server and home user markets, and so far we have not been disappointed in any of the Highpoint offerings.
The RocketRAID 2130 is a great offering for server users who need a smaller storage solution add-on rather than what the more expensive RocketRAID 2320 offers - and why pay extra for what you don't need?
RocketRAID 2130 offers a great balance of server support features with a much more reasonable price tag, and for home users wanting extreme storage options and fast speeds - the RocketRAID 2130 cannot be beat.
Overall we had no complaints about the controllers features, compatibility or software, all worked flawlessly. Although, it would have topped things off very nicely if Highpoint also decided to add external SATA (e.SATA) support.
Works on a range of PCI Express ports - lots of flexibility
Performance on par with the fastest onboard IDE controllers from Intel and nVidia
4 port SATA-II with SATA 2.5 specs
RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 and JBOD plus NCQ support
Small and compact card - good for HTPC users
Easy to read and understand users manual
Good software for RAID setup
No e.SATA support
Nothing much else
- Latest Pricing
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Inside the Box]
- Page 3 [The Controller Card]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and PCMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - HD Tach]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - File Copy Test]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - HD Speed]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Game Level Loading]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Monster Hunter XX coming to Nintendo Switch
- Destiny 2 uses hybrid servers, P2P and peer-to-client
- Dreamcast's Seaman game is getting a sequel
- Only 37% of active PS4 users bought PS Plus
- Capcom wants to resurrect old IPs
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017