Package and Contents
First off as always we take a look at the packaging and what you get for your hard earned dollar. The Winfast packaging is very plain; in fact, it is the same box for all Micro ATX boards Foxconn puts out, just with a different sticker on the front of the box. This does reduce packing costs; however, it would be nice to have a more attractive box.
Foxconn provides very little information on the back of the box. They provide basic information on features that the series of boards support in a number of languages. Apart from this basic info, there is no great information on what the board itself features, so you're buying blind unless you're reading this review.
One thing that Foxconn doesn't provide is a detailed paper user manual. To save on costs a basic installation paper is included. This includes information on the cables, plugs and installation tips. For a thorough user manual, you need to install Windows and access the PDF file on the included CD.
The CD contains the detailed user manual along with all the Windows drivers, software and boot loader drivers needed to get Windows installed. This CD comes with drivers for Windows XP 64-bit if you are lucky enough to have this version.
Since the board comes with a built in graphics system, if you choose to use this setup, you get this extra bracket. This adds RGB ports to the back, allowing you to connect the system to a component video system, commonly used by HDTV's.
Lastly we have the I/O shield. All boards that come to us these days carry their own I/O shields. This is simply because the ATX port standard is now outdated, and you need to have your own I/O port cover in order to fit into the ATX cases on the market. This is good as the older AT standard needed you to have one port layout, and you couldn't change it if you wanted to - ATX and BTX allow extreme flexibility.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix: Final Fantasy XV will launch to gamers sometime in 2016
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided scheduled for Feb. 23, 2016 launch
- Konami: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain is 'stunning' on PC
- New $499 Elite Xbox One model sports 1TB SSDHD, Elite controller
- Destiny: The Taken King's raid won't be live upon release
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- H97 boards, graphics cards and CPUs running hotter than on Z97 boards
- New network adapter making graphics card fail.
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20