Version and / or Patch Used: Build 102
Developer Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com
Product Homepage: http://www.futuremark.com/products/3dmark06/
3DMark06 is the very latest version of the "Gamers Benchmark" from Futuremark. The newest version of 3DMark expands on the tests in 3DMark05 by adding graphical effects using Shader Model 3.0 and HDR (High Dynamic Range lighting), which will push, even the best DX9 graphics cards to the extremes.
3DMark06 also focuses on not just the GPU but the CPU using the AGEIA PhysX software physics library to effectively test single and Dual Core processors.
Moving on to the latest 3DMark benchmark version shows an even greater increase in overall score. This is only partially due to pure power, however, as the X1900 utilizes HDR technology, which is tested in the 2006 version but not the 2005. Just like older 3DMark utilities, if your graphics card cannot complete the entire spectrum of tests, your score will suffer noticeably.
This still doesn't take away from the huge gap present in scores, however. A quick check on the calculator shows an increase of 103% at 1024x768 and an increase of 114% at 1280x1024.
Just to check AA/AF performance, I went ahead and ran the 1280 test with 4xAA and 8xAF forced through the driver set to see what sort of numbers we would achieve when getting rid of the "jaggies". From the overall score of 4737 shown above, we dropped to 4146 with the AA/AF effects in place. This shows a drop in performance of 14% from the non-enhanced test.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- All the juicy Hitman beta details revealed for the 19th
- Uninstalling Facebook on iPhone will save you 15% battery life
- The Force has truly awoken, with a $2b haul worldwide
- AMD's enthusiast Polaris GPU teased, could be priced at $1700
- Battlefield 4 netcode significantly improved on Xbox One and PS4
- TP-LINK Archer C2600 MU-MIMO Wireless Dual-Band Router Review
- [SSD compatibility question] GA-X58A-UD3R with Samsung EVO Pro SSD
- I am the new guy
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to IntelÃ'Â® Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance