If you're sitting there saying you cannot live without AA and AF... you just need it to have the best gaming experience - well you can rejoice now because this is what the GeForce 7900GTX graphics cards are made for. It's clear that you don't use one of these cards and game without AA and AF turned up to a high level. They are designed so you can max out those AA and AF settings and still get a smooth frame rate.
If you're just trying to break a 3DMark record there is no doubt that you are going to be slightly disappointed with the performance increase because the chances are you are going to do a default run. On the other hand if you are trying to break records with max AA and AF enabled, then it's a different story all together. The results and Dual Link DVI-I ports tell us that these cards are made for some serious gaming. The absolute minimum resolution you want to run one of these cards at is 1280 x 1024 and at that setting you should be able to max out the options of your favorite game and have full AA and AF running - unless of course your favorite game is F.E.A.R. because it is obvious that nVidia really need to work on this game.
When we get some new official drivers we will be revisiting the performance and we think that there is no doubt there is plenty of room in these cards to come out ahead even more.
BFG Tech as always has impressed us with their product. This is an excellent package for people in the United States thanks to the two free months of game hire but it is a little unfortunate that people outside of the USA will miss out on such a great offer - hopefully the local distributors will look closer into offering something like this in their region.
The rest of the package is cool with the T-Shirt included, Teflon mouse pads, stickers and the other little extras. While the T-Shirt might not have a bigger retail price then a game, the chances are you are going to get more use out of it then a copy of Far Cry or something else that has been out for over 12 months.
Overclocking at the moment is dismal on the cards with Coolbits finding optimal speeds under the default clocks. We are sure that over the next week or two we will get some updates to the overclocking programs and people will begin to mill the 90nm chip for everything it is worth.
Is the GeForce 7900GTX better then the 7800GTX? In a high quality performance comparison, it is better in so many ways. Is the 7900GTX better then the Radeon X1900XTX? Comparing results on the fly against our HIS cards that we looked at, the 7900GTX seems to be quicker in just about everything but F.E.A.R.
Finally is SLI better then Crossfire? The answer for that one is an easy "YES!!"And in so many ways, for starters the 7900GTX SLI ran on our 500 watt Antec PSU (that is about two years old) and fumbled every time the X1900XTX Crossfire solution went into 3D mode. You have the choice of what is probably the best chipset available (the nForce 4 SLI) and you don't have to worry about any master cards. The only thing that you have to worry about is getting your hands on two 7900GTXs which while available at launch might still be a bit of a pain.
Available by the time you wake up
True high quality gaming, turn it all up
Life time warranty
AA and AF is now your friend
Power requirements not as stressful as Radeon X1900XTX
Missing some real official drivers
Game bundle suited for people in the USA
Rating - 9 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Best Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [The Package]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [GeForce 7800GTX vs. 7900GTX]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark06]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - Quake 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - F.E.A.R.]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 15 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Musk shows capabilities of the new self-driving hardware
- Landing on Mars didn't go as planned
- Xiaomi sells a million phones in India in 18 days
- Razer Blade Pro laptop rocks GTX 1080, 4K G-Sync display
- Nintendo Switch may sport dedicated game video recording
- EVGA DG-87 Full-Tower Gaming Chassis Review
- New PC - no display on a screen, 3 beeps
- windows usb install file
- GIGABYTE P55W v6 Gaming Notebook Review
- How do i contact the moderators?
- Razer unveils new Razer Blade Pro gaming notebook
- Nintendo Switch world premiere demonstrates new entertainment experiences from a home gaming system
- PowerColor starts selling the DEVIL Box external graphics solution
- ESL to power PlayStation 4 competitive gaming
- Samsung rolls out industry's first 8GB LPDDR4 DRAM package