Corsair Neutron NX500 AIC PCIe NVMe SSD
Both the 400GB and 800GB models are physically identical and have identical performance specifications, so we are only showing the 400GB model in detail.
As is common for Corsair, the packaging is a work of art. The pictures and some of the text are raised and embossed. The packaging is black and yellow themed. This side of the packaging features a picture of the enclosed SSD, advertises the drive's capacity, interface and lists various factory performance specifications.
The back of the packaging lists a bit of pertinent information about the physical size of the enclosed SSD and the effectiveness of its heat sink. The included optional low-profile bracket is also advertised here.
Inside of the colorful outer packaging is a heavy-duty black flip-top cardboard box that is also handsomely decorated.
The heat sink side of the SSD is accented by an attractive carbon-fiber pattern. The drive's solid aluminum heat sink is finned for maximum thermal dissipation.
The back half of the drive's full-length PCB is covered by a sturdy metal back-plate that attaches to the heat sink on the opposite side with six screws; one of which is covered with a tamper resistant label. Removing the label will void the warranty.
Removing the heat sink and back-plate reveals the drive's dark blue full-length PCB.
This side of the PCB houses the drive's Phison E7 controller, four Toshiba 15nm MLC flash packages and a 512MB Nanya DDR3 1600MHz DRAM cache package.
This side of the PCB houses an additional four Toshiba 15nm MLC flash packages and another 512MB Nanya DDR3 1600MHz DRAM cache package.
A close-in view of the drive's Phison E7 controller.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing & Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup, Drive Properties & SSD Toolbox]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks – ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks – CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (OS) - Vantage, PCMark 7, PCMark 8 & SYSmark 2014 SE]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) – 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- HTC slices $200 from Vive price, now costs $599
- Forza Motorsport 7 requires GTX 1080/Vega for 4K 60FPS
- ASUS makes ROG Strix Radeon RX Vega series official
- Project CARS 2 screenshots from Gamescom 2017: DELICIOUS
- Radeon Vega 8, Vega 10 spotted: Raven Ridge APU tech?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets Movie Review
- Looking for Lian Li PC-C37 pdf manual as links from Lian Li website are broken
- Aerocool Project 7 P7-C1 Pro Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience
- Thermaltake attends NVIDIA Gamer Connect