We precondition the drive for 16,000 seconds, or 4.44 hours, receiving performance data every second. We plot this data to observe the test subject's descent into steady-state. We plot both IOPS and Latency. We plot IOPS (represented by blue scatter) in thousands and Latency (represented by orange scatter) in milliseconds. We observe steady-state is achieved at 8,000 seconds of preconditioning. Average steady-state workload performance at QD256 is approximately 41K IOPS. We observe a tight consistent pattern from the DC P3520 after reaching a steady-state.
An On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) / Database workload is a demanding 8K test with a 66/33 percent R/W distribution. OLPT is online processing of financial transactions such as credit cards and high-frequency trading in the financial sector. Database workloads are challenging for any storage solution.
Intel specs the 2TB DC P3520 at 45K for a 70/30 workload at QD128. We don't test at 70/30, but rather at 66/33 for our database mix. This is a harder mix for the DC P3520 to digest than a 70/30 mix because of the read-centric nature of the drive. With our database mix, we are getting 42K IOPS at QD32. Based on this result, we believe we would come in right at 45K with a 70/30 mix. Again, at QD1, the DC P3520 is outperforming all of the drives in our test pool including the DC P3700.
Conclusion (TL;DR): The DC P3520 continues to impress at QD1, where it matters most.
PRICING: You can find the Intel DC P3520 2TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Intel DC P3520 2TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD retails for $1029 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Intel DC P3520 2TB Enterprise PCIe NVMe SSD retails for £985 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple veteran leaves for Oculus, will run VR hardware
- Razer servers fail again, profiles flicked to default
- Final 'Ghost in the Shell' trailer drops in
- Elon Musk wants to link your brain to a machine
- Nintendo US boss: Switch reaction has been 'remarkable'
- Export Windows Live Mail to Outlook & Exchange Server 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
- Export Mailboxes from Exchange Server EDB to PST for Outlook 2013, 2016, 2010, 2007
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- DDR3 RAM question
- OST to PST Converter
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design
- Razer to launch paid to play initiative to reward fans for playing games