For the money, the Mushkin Reactor 512GB is hard to beat. The Reactor is currently the low price leader for MLC based SSD's. It's even priced lower than the majority of TLC drives on the market. In addition, you are getting a full 512GB from the Reactor which is more capacity than you can get from any competing TLC SSD, even the 850 EVO.
We like that the Reactor is typically priced significantly lower than the 850 EVO and the MX200, and this is big because the Reactor is not in direct competition with either of those drives. If it were, there would be no compelling reason to purchase a Reactor because both the EVO and MX200 outperform the Reactor. We have recently seen non-Samsung TLC drives hit the market with pricing that puts them into direct competition with the 850 EVO and the MX200, which is mind boggling to say the least.
Looking back at our benchmarks, what clearly stands out the most is our transfer testing where the Reactor shows well over 2.5x the write transfer rate of the TLC equipped TRION. And guess what? The Reactor and the TRION are currently retailing for the same price at the time of writing. Additionally, when you consider the Reactor gives you 32GB more capacity, the choice becomes crystal clear.
We will conclude by saying we recommend the Mushkin Reactor 512GB SATA III SSD without reservation, because it's full of MLC goodness and priced like TLC.
- Quality 16nm Micron MLC Flash
- Exceptional Value
- Full 512GB Capacity
- No accessories
- Low performance with Heavy Workloads
Product Summary Breakdown
|Quality including Design and Build||85%|
|Bundle and Packaging||85%|
|Value for Money||95%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||87%|
The Bottom Line: If you are looking for a super low-cost SSD with quality flash and excellent performance, Mushkin's Reactor fits the bill nicely.
PRICING: You can find the Mushkin Reactor 512GB for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: The Mushkin Reactor 512GB retails for £163 at Amazon UK.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (Trace Based OS Volume) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - Max IOPS, Disk Response & Transfer Rates]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple's new 5K display has issues with new MacBook Pro
- Nintendo Switch games lineup: a visual guide
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3080: Volta GPU, GDDR6/HBM2 support
- Bandai Namco reveals why Tekken 7 was delayed
- Intel launching next-gen 20-threaded CPU in August 2017
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017
- Team Group Gaming Series, T-FORCE XTREEM took the world record for overall highest frequency DDR5260.8MHz
- COLORFUL announces the iGame GTX1070 X-TOP-8G Advanced Limited