Installation and Finished Product
The first thing to do is to take the four longer screws, send them through the appropriate holes in the backplate for the intended socket, lay on the isolation layer, and hold everything together by pressing the nylon washers over the screws.
At this point, you set the backplate on the back of the motherboard, and orientation is of no concern. Both ends are drilled to clear the socket screws, and with the large sections removed on the sides, they will clear the screws as well.
At this point, we have installed the standoffs to the screws running through the backplate, and once those are locked down, it is time to install the top bracket onto them to solidify it all to the motherboard and be ready for the cooler. Also note that all four sides of the bracket are drilled and allows the cooler to suit both AMD socket orientations.
Before installing the fan clips, and you do need to add them to the cooler prior to installation as it is near impossible without modification to the clips once the cooler is installed. This is also the time that you should install the fan isolation pads to the body of the cooler as we did here.
Before anyone screams we installed the cooler wrong, there is a good reason for this. Or motherboard would not allow the cooler to be installed the correct way due to the Thermal Armor. Measuring things off in the correct orientation does leave the first slot completely open as intended, but in our situation, we had to opt for this to keep the show moving along.
The pipes are not offset from front to back, so either way the cooler is installed; this is the room you will have between the fan and the memory. While it is close to them, we would have no issue population or exchanging sticks with the cooler and fan left alone.
As we step back to judge the room for a system like X99, we feel that even with the second fan option used, there is plenty of room left to populate all eight slots on either side of this cooler.
As we like to do as we end the images, we now have the True Spirit 140 BW Rev.A all mounted up in our system and ready for testing. While we do wish we could show how well this cooler leaves the slot open as intended, our motherboard choice almost left us blocking off the second slot, there is just that much offset, which is a good thing when it can be used correctly.
PRICING: You can find the Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW Rev.A CPU Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW Rev.A CPU Cooler retails for $49.90 at Amazon.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Thermalright True Spirit 140 BW Rev.A CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD teases 8K graphics workload on Radeon RX Vega
- AMD launches dual-GPU Radeon Pro Duo with 32GB of GDDR5
- Dawn of War III PC Steam deals are up to 25% off
- Colorful announces iGame GTX 1080 Ti Vulcan X OC
- What Zelda: Breath of the Wild would look like on NES
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G Review
- Intel Optane Memory 32GB M.2 NVMe SSD Review
- ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 K6 USB 3.1/TB Issues
- HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse Review
- Hidrate Spark 2.0 Bluetooth Smart Bottle Review
- SAPPHIRE introduces new PULSE graphics card family
- HyperX Cloud Revolver S gaming headset now shipping
- SK Hynix introduces industry's fastest 8Gb graphics DRAM (GDDR6)
- Samsung and Amazon Video deliver next generation HDR video experience with updated open standard HDR10+
- AmpliFi HD Mesh Wi-Fi Available at Best Buy, GameStop and Sam's Club